new guy hoping for info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy hoping for info

Hello, I just got a 1992 festy free from my dad. Going to use it as my collage car. Problem is it burns oil bad. So,I am wondering is there a good place to get parts? Or is it better to drop in a used motor? I almost have old motor ready to pull out. I called autozone and they quoted me $289 for a re-ring kit.
    any and all help would be awesome!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Hey welcome to ff.com, add your location in your profile. There are plenty of motors around and avail. So just keep looking. Many motors will fit in the festy also. It would probably be cheaper to get another motor. By the time you add up your time and $$ in parts, it will be alot more than $289......
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

welcome! any pics?
      1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
      1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
      1983 Chevy Elcamino
      1993 Ford Festiva GL
      2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
      some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

ya just did an intro. sorry about that. shouldda know better as im on another forum where newbies really get railed for no intro. I dont have any pics yet. Its not too pretty tho. po sprayed it without sanding orignal paint first. he did not even get rid of the pinstripes before he painted! whats a fair price for a used motor? and would love to do a swap but I need this thing on the road soon

Comment

I picked up a good running protege 323 for $400, and it's an easy swap. Stock motors can be bought for $100-$300. I would think.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Im driving a 92 f-150 with a straight six in it. its costing me around 6-7 dollars a day to get to school and back every day. I think I could get there and back all week for that in my festy! anyone need a truck? LOL

Comment

thanks. I saw an 89 motor on cl for $350 thought that is a little steep

Comment

You have an EFI car. Be sure if you pick up a stock motor that it is EFI. Many of the 88-89 Festy's were carbed.
                Where are you? Add your location to your profile so people won't ask all the time. Someone on here may be close and have what you need.
                Last edited by Smedley; 10-07-2009, 09:40 AM. Reason: addition
                1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

It did not show up? will check that out. thanks. Im in Linden MI. just south of Flint and about an hour north of Detroit

Comment

If you're up for a drive to the east side of Ohio contact this guy:

He' has a bunch of parts and I'm sure has whatever you need.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

The other nice thing is given your location youve gotta have quite a few good junkyards nearby. So finding another motor shouldnt be too hard.
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb View Post
                        If you're up for a drive to the east side of Ohio contact this guy:

He' has a bunch of parts and I'm sure has whatever you need.
                        I know for a fact that he has at least one running EFI engine available right now, only $50! I would have bought it yesterday when I was there, but I'm probably going to but a B6 in mine next spring.

Comment

thanks Schildir. I just might get ahold of him. was'nt someone else wanting something from him? I wil look at your post about going down there and see who it was.

Comment

Working...
                          X