Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield

The windshield on my festiva has a vertical crack from top to bottom and i was wondering about how much a junk yard would charge for one. Im just looking for a general idea so i know what to expect to pay when i go for one. Thanks.
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

What to expect is not being able to find one.... I have been to 4 jys and if they have one, it is also cracked... Good luck on your quest...
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

The going rate for good j/y windshields around here seems to be in the 70-75 dollar range. No idea what removal/ installation costs are. My last one cost me 70 bucks, but the installation was free. Well, sort of, basically I installed the guy's Dish Network for him (had all the tools, and Comcast generously 'donated' the cable and fittings) and in return, he swapped out my windshield.

Estimates I got from glass shops before he did mine were in the 200-250 range. That's if they got the glass, and did the swap.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

the one by me wanted 27 and i pull it and i have to pay up front and the other wanted 50 they pull it

Comment

i havent looked around for one yet...but i was planning on installing it on my own, my friend said he would help me out since he works at a shop and knows what hes doin. Man i need to get some pics of this car up haha its a real hot rod
          Tyler

Comment

around here they pull it and its 75.00
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

At any pick a part it is 29.95 i believe......and you don't have to pay up front. I've been meaning to call bob's autoglass and get a price through what 43 auto salvage gets them for, I used to be able to get them for 55 new.
              Last edited by festivaWES; 10-07-2009, 05:49 PM.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

That reminds me, I need to get to work on the Windshield Replacement EDU.

Comment

Come see me ,u pull it ,$25.00 from one of my cars.How far are you from zip 44432 ?

Comment

FYI, I paid $170 a year ago for a new one installed in Columbus. I didn't think that was a bad deal. But if you can do it yourself it's sweeter and cheaper I suppose!

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by TONYCASH View Post
                      Come see me ,u pull it ,$25.00 from one of my cars.How far are you from zip 44432 ?
                      im in eastern PA, 17578 in Lancaster County. It would be a far drive, i think im gunna just look in the junkyards. if i cant find anything then maybe ill make a trip out there
                      Tyler

Comment

try harry's up in hazleton, i go there frequently and glass isn't that bad, 'cep you gotta pull it yourself, but i have the tools and such to do it.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I can get them for 89 new....not cheap anymore..
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i never had any luck installing one because all of mine leaked. a brand new one installed around st.louis is about $225.00 and no opps

Comment

glass shop

Mine had a crack in it. I just went to a glass shop and he had a genuine PPG festiva glass for cheap. He just wanted to get rid of it. $40. So, I obliged him. He gave me the urethane and primer too! Just phone around.

Comment

Working...
                              X