OK... my NEXT Lemons Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK... my NEXT Lemons Car

24 hours of Lemons Lamest Day Nelson Ledges is over.

We had a BLAST... I highly recommend it to anyone.

I have pictures on my Facebook album if you want to see them, let me know and I will post a link.

We finished... did over 1100 miles in the rusty Sentra... after penalties and repairing a tie rod end and an axle, we still placed 48th out of over 120.. so we are plenty happy...

NOW, on to the meat..

We are all racing again, so many of my friends and SCCA buddies want to race that we are doing THREE cars for next year.

1. The Sentra SE-R will race again
    2. My Corvette driving friends are going to race a $500 C4 and yes it's doable

WAIT FOR IT...

Of course, I am building a Festiva!!! YEAH!!

But not just any Festiva, it's been done... I hate not being original... SO...

I am going to build a BLOWGUN

I am going to take SOME sort of FWD set up, not a SHO due to it having been done... but instead, I will take some OTHER Crappier more Lemon-like FWD setup and put it in ShoGun style..

one hitch... I am going to try to leave the original engine intact... a fuel cell might be hard to locate, but I am going to try my best to have two engines... might not be possible... certainly not practical, but VERY lemony... and..... if the rear engine fails, I can finish on the 1.3 or 1.6 in the front.

I NEED A DONOR FESTY!!!! anyone want to sell me a crap box Festy for $100??? Need not run....... Need not be clean, preferably ate up with rust and festy-dents...

ALSO, Need a VERY interesting FWD donor car or clip.. I will probably make it carbed if it's not an easy CPU injected swap, cause I am stupid about FI and such... but I could prolly learn if need be.

I can offer a spot on the team if someone wants to donate either of the above for free...

It is NOT cheap to run Lemons.. I think we spent close to 8 grand this time.. including fuel, entry fees, Nomex suits/helmets/gloves/shoes/socks, and the wheels, tires and safety equipment........ but there is NO more fun to be had on the face of the earth... seriously fun...

Thoughts? Ideas? Donations????

I WILL rock Ford Festiva.com Stickers all over the thing... as you guys are the Best ever!
    Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
    http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
    My Garage Page:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

ever think of using a fiero? rear subframe is almost perfect. theres a thread here somewhere about it.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

STILL looking for a crappy cheap Festy... thought I found one this AM for $200 but gone before I could get there...

anyone??

I am really interested in making this one a twin engine, front and rear, both operable.
      Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
      http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
      My Garage Page:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

I have you covered on the $150 crap box. I need to finish getting everything out though. How long do I have?
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Good to hear you had fun. I'd definitely be interested in pictures.

Two engines is difficult because you've got to shift both. Automatics make that easier, but are less predictable on the track.

Our current plan is to find a donor fiero and a 3800 from a junkyard. We call dibs on the name FauxGun.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Some friends and I just found out they are having a lemons race at Summit Point which is only 45 min away. I think I am going to use my Festiva for that with a b6 swapped out of an 89 626 and an ihi turbo from my turbocoupe. Two of us race dirt track and the other drivers have in the past.
            93 Festiva (mosquito repelent mod)
            2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
            2004 Yamaha R1
            1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain View Post
              Good to hear you had fun. I'd definitely be interested in pictures.

Two engines is difficult because you've got to shift both. Automatics make that easier, but are less predictable on the track.

Our current plan is to find a donor fiero and a 3800 from a junkyard. We call dibs on the name FauxGun.
              He's not saying use both power plants at the same time. He's saying use the front if the rear fails.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

There's a festy down the road from my School In Anderson Indiana for sale it's 250 but has been there for a while he may take 100 I don't know. I can see if I can get a number or something for you if you want.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                X