2010 ford festvia like it or hate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 ford festvia like it or hate it?

i was just wondering what opinions u guys have on the car and if there is any racing possibilities in terms of engine swaps?

Umm you do realize its Fiesta NOT Festiva right?
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

My God, even our own people don't know the difference. :shock: :shock:

My personal opinion is that it's butt ugly, and there are cheaper swaps out there. But then, I thought Festivas were butt ugly when they first came out. So give it ten years, and I'll probably like them.
      Last edited by batstiva; 10-08-2009, 07:43 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

my bad

Comment

There seems to be a big rally car contingency in Europe that use the Fiesta as the base platform. I like the looks of those cars, what with the huge fenders & such.

I've seen a couple of the US dealer demo cars on the streets (always the lime green metallic paint & some lame graphics on the rocker panels). They do look better in person than in the promo photos though.

Personally, I like 'em.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Id like em more if they were a 2 door hatch. Why is it Europe gets all the good stuff when it comes to cars!?
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I agree! Why do the Euro's get all the kool cars? Ever seen the Ka?

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.

Comment

yeah! I want a 2 door hatchback model!
                www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                Snoopy's
                4621 Atlantic Ave
                Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                  My God, even our own people don't know the difference. :shock: :shock:
                  Well...here's part of the problem. A very close friend of mine who loves the real Festiva is in Las Vegas this week for the Barrett-Jackson auto show. They have the Fiesta/Festiva on display AND he actually got to drive the car (5 speed) on a test track. His review is that it is a great driving car and reminds him a lot of his three Festiva's in it's size and feel. Obviously handles much better but still reminds him of its roots. The problem? He said they advertized it as both Fiesta and as Festiva.
                  '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
                  '02 F-150 Supercrew
                  '02 Excursion 4x4
                  '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

Originally posted by Britstiva View Post
                    yeah! I want a 2 door hatchback model!
                    ^^ Which is exactly why I ended up buying an 08 Rabbit back in March.

I really would have liked to have given the new Fiesta a serious chance, but at the time I had to have a car (don't want to put too many miles on the Festiva you know... j/k) and couldn't wait for the Ford's debut much later in the model year. And besides, looks like all we're gonna get (at least for a while) is the 4 door. BLEAH!
                    Last edited by sam.1956; 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM. Reason: blah blah syndrome

Comment

I like the two-door Fiestivia (or whatever it's called) too, and the Ka (Bostonian for car). Hope we get 'em both.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I like it. I am planning on getting one. I don't mind the 4 doors with 3 kids to hall around.

Comment

Not for me...I saw one in person...has none of the charm and space utilization of the Festiva. The Festiva has a "I think I can" air about it. It is simple and basic and unpretentious. Humble. It does not try to look swoopy and modern. It is a timeless design. The new Fiesta is just another new small car to me....and it loks like the new Mazda3 hatch up front. It is very sleek and long looking in four door hatch form...what I saw. I just hope Ford does not do what it did with the original Fiesta here...ditch it after three model years and leave us hanging. They let the Festiva run six years but it continued production elsewhere in the world in original form. If they brought back the Festiva I would be first in line! here is what the one I saw looked like! Testof Fiesta vs Fit!
                            Last edited by stevewl1164; 10-09-2009, 08:22 PM. Reason: adding road test of Fiesta vs Fit

Comment

I'm afraid that if Ford did bring back the Festiva marque, it'd be "updated" to the point where it barely resembled the original car. I'd think that they would be more likely to import the Ka to the US (to compete w/SmartCar) than to bring back the Festiva name. Too bad.

When you take a look at the Scion XB, the Nissan Cube, etc, it does appear that the "ultra-box" look is/has been making a comeback. Perhaps it's time that Ford take their own advice & "take another look"!

Comment

Working...
                              X