engine swap into skid steer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap into skid steer

I have a 93 festiva efi would like to put motor in a skidsteer, what would I all need from car for this swap, I also have a carb engine, just engine, no wiring, how would I power up distributer, thanks

little more info would be nice... i don't think a 1.3L gas engine will provide the torque needed to run the hydrolics in the skid (that's why they use a diesel). all you really need for the carb is a battery to power the coil... and a 5v source for the distro pickup (i think it's a 5v). in either case, i wouldnt go that route.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

my skidsteer came with a 30 hp wisconsin engine, then someone put a 60 hp wisconsin in it, very tight fit, plus has a burnt valve, I'm thinking the 1.3 has the power, I have a belt driven govenor to put on it, I would rather put the carbed engine it, were can I get the 5 volts to run the dist? thanks for your reply.

Comment

If you can make it fit and adapt it to the input shaft, it should be fine. The key is getting the gov. hooked up. I once had a New Holland that had a Datsun engine. PO used it to get out pulp wood. After spending alot of time and money restoring it, I found a better machine and sold it before I finished it.
        88L 328,000 winter daily driver
        93L 167,000 summer daily driver (AC)
        90LX 374,000 swap candidate
        88LX black- parts
        89LX burgundy-parts
        91L red-parts

Someday my ship will come in. With my luck, I'll be at the airport. (aviation machinist)

Comment

thanks guys, now how would I reduce voltage to the dist, I only have the carbed motor no wireing, thanks

Comment

you need to go to radioshack and get a 12V adjustable votage regulator (build yourself). it will allow you to choose the output after the battery.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks festyboy, thats what I needed to know, thanks again,

Comment

Working...
              X