Powermag fuel savers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powermag fuel savers

I saw these on ebay and was wondering if anyone has tried them .
    Here's a link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item335134ad21

$11. I'd buy several if they do anything
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Snakeoil. Save your money.
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

Put 4 inline and you get a 100HP B3

Save your money son

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6˝ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Oh man, you were gonna fall for it

I cant believe you havent seen people talking about this stuff yet. Its one of those things that EVERYONE knows doesnt work.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Most likely the MPG savings claimed (assuming the testimonials aren't just fakes) are due to people paying more attention to driving economically, since they want to see improvements. This would then validate their purchase.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Most likely the MPG savings claimed (assuming the testimonials aren't just fakes) are due to people paying more attention to driving economically, since they want to see improvements. This would then validate their purchase.
            +1. At best, it would be what the doctors call a placebo. Personally, I think it's a piece of crap. Just my opinion, tho. If you actually look through the guy's feedback, most of his positives are just people rating the purchase experience, very few have actually hooked the thing up and tried it.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Hey,they're not utterly worthless, I'm sure they make fine refrigerator magnets!
              Why would you think this would work?
              Just interested to know.

Maybe used to hold 1/4" bearings to the wind shield till you move the magnet to release the bearing so the driver on your bumper understands they might be too close.
              Last edited by Pu241; 10-17-2009, 06:22 PM.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

i like that one!
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                  Maybe used to hold 1/4" bearings to the wind shield till you move the magnet to release the bearing so the driver on your bumper understands they might be too close.
                  John, that's a terrible thing to do! (I wish I'd thought of it!) :-)
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Hey,they're not utterly worthless, I'm sure they make fine refrigerator magnets!
                    Why would you think this would work?
                    Just interested to know.

Awesome!
                    Oscar

Comment

For $11 it is worth the price for a nice looking bearing holder!
                      I knew a guy that carried some ball bearings in his leather pouch attached to the handel bars of his Harley just for that ! lol
                      Last edited by drddan; 10-17-2009, 10:06 PM.
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

http://www.turbomagfuelsaver.com/ its done by mirrors ha ha ha .........

beam me up scotty "magnets are go"

good if it works
                        "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

With that in mind, I purchased a bakers dozen
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

The ads forget to mention this device also increases your savings rate by 3.2% and "turbocharges" your love life!

I installed one on my bicycle and it reduced pedaling friction by 12.3%! Somehow it realigns the red blood cells in my arteries, making me feel twelve years younger, too.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                              The ads forget to mention this device also increases your savings rate by 3.2% and "turbocharges" your love life!

I installed one on my bicycle and it reduced pedaling friction by 12.3%! Somehow it realigns the red blood cells in my arteries, making me feel twelve years younger, too.

Karl
                              Hmmmmm....does it turbochage your love life because you're supposed to put it on your...no that would be ridiculous....

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                              X