No announcement yet.

saved this one from death row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok got it all together and drove it man it is so smooth not like our yellow one lol. well in a few minuets will post some pics of it and what little i did to it.

Comment

ok i put the tinted windows in it and the tail lights form my 89(now parts car) and the short throw shifter form it and the cone filter adapter form the egt. going to put the nice clean seats in it and clean the carpet. the rust has been repaired with this foam stuff you use on a house haha it was like that when i got it.
      Last edited by hofficergrover; 11-18-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

What did you have to do to fix the "screaming wheel?" How much $$ did it take to get it running nice?

Looks good for $400, if it runs well!

Compare that to my '92L that I got for $190. But I put in new gas tank, fuel lines, windshield, new (used) fuel pump, a few minor things, and paid a tech $170 to troubleshoot it and get it running. Total of about $1100 or just under, including new 12" tires.

Just being nosy about the cost...cheap is as cheap does!!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i spent 20 bucks on it for a new cone filter. i had a new set of berings for the rear and a good hub off another car and axle too.

Comment

i am redoing my spoiler and indtalling it on the black car since teh bp car has become parts car.

Comment

well a little update for the car
              i got my spiler installed and looks good!
              also i tinted the front windows 50% tint looks good as well

Comment

looks nice
                1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                1983 Chevy Elcamino
                1993 Ford Festiva GL
                2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

yeah not bad for a kid lol

Comment

Black was a 92-93 color, graphite a 88-89 color. Is this a repaint? Well, good buy at $400 either way.
                    186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
                    1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
                    1992 aqua L (agua)
                    1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

no its a 92. yeah not to bad still wanted to pay 200, but he had to have 400. almost had a yellow one, but things didn't work out. any ways it happens.

Comment

looks sweet whats the header off of? looks like a custom job....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

It is off a 1.9 the flange was just modified to fit the bp. I didn't do it the po did it and not the best of work, but will do.

Comment

Working...
                          X