Need advice for my plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for my plan

I have a 1990 festiva LX 5spd which currently needs exhaust work, tie rods+(alignment), tires, speedo cable to transmission mount/connector, steering rack boots, new fuel tank. Otherwise it runs great and does not currently need brakes. Though I really want to do the brake upgrade to the aspire stuff. I have read the brake upgrade post and feel that I should just buy a complete aspire, pull the parts I need and then bring the aspire shell to the junkyard. My question is which parts on the aspire will not bolt right on to the festiva? I image that the fuel tanks are not the same? Should I keep a spare motor, tranny, etc.??
    jdm impreza wrx
    1990 LX 5spd

The best advice I can give you is:

Search, Read, Search again, Read some more, keep Searching, keep Reading. It's all been covered on the site. Just do a Quick Search for "Aspire Swap" or "Aspire Brake Swap". The Search function can be found at the top right of the forum, two to the left of 'Log Out'.
    -Caleb
    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I'll make it REALLY REALLY easy this time, just promise to use the 'Search' function next time.

This is the EXACT post you need to read. We have a section called 'Custom Suspension, Brakes & Wheels' if you scroll down. This thread is a sticky there:

Last edited by pr0nst4r; 10-29-2009, 11:26 PM.
      -Caleb
      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

You could have said it nicer man, this is why some people never come back. Yes they should use the SEARCH button but cool your jets man.

Comment

I didn't see it as comming off mean...
          -Josh R

Comment

The fuel tank, I don't know.

Motor and tranny will work. Keep the front mount for the Aspire trans. You'll need it if you decide to swap transmissions (the Festy one will NOT work)

The brake booster and master cylinder can be used. Sway bar too.

Springs and struts are swap-able, the springs will need to be cut (2 coils I think)

Someone made an Aspire center console fit. You might want to keep that.

Front seats are an easy swap.

If you want to sell parts, post them in the For Sale section and try here also

FordAspire.com is a website dedicated to the 1993-1997 Ford Aspire and Kia Avella. We also welcome Ford Fugo Aspire
            Last edited by JPT; 10-30-2009, 08:32 AM.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

nice subie , aspire swap works good from what i hear .. i have yet to do it , searching is probably your best bet for info as so you dont step on any toes.. their is and interesting and cheep coil-over swap as well and maybe you might be interested in swapping the motor for a turbo one.. you have many options and they are fairly cheep, one reason im a festiva addict..

Comment

Some aspire fuel tanks will work.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thanks, this was the response I was looking for...I have searched and read, said that in the original post...never found anything on fuel tanks and thought there might be parts that I would forget to think about. Realistically I will prob figure it out once I get the aspire apart. I guess I am just trying to figure out which aspire to look for. Example being I know to get a 2-door so that I can use ebrake cables. It would be really nice If I could use the fuel tank.

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                  The fuel tank, I don't know.

Motor and tranny will work. Keep the front mount for the Aspire trans. You'll need it if you decide to swap transmissions (the Festy one will NOT work)

The brake booster and master cylinder can be used. Sway bar too.

Springs and struts are swap-able, the springs will need to be cut (2 coils I think)

Someone made an Aspire center console fit. You might want to keep that.

Front seats are an easy swap.

If you want to sell parts, post them in the For Sale section and try here also

http://www.fordaspire.com
                  jdm impreza wrx
                  1990 LX 5spd

Comment

I have seen this page many times...nothing I asked about and a bunch of dead links

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                    I'll make it REALLY REALLY easy this time, just promise to use the 'Search' function next time.

This is the EXACT post you need to read. We have a section called 'Custom Suspension, Brakes & Wheels' if you scroll down. This thread is a sticky there:

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2157
                    jdm impreza wrx
                    1990 LX 5spd

Comment

oo tell me more, any ideas on which ones...maybe i'll just pull the festiva tank out, have a good look at it and then keep that in mind when I go to look at any aspires.

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                      Some aspire fuel tanks will work.
                      jdm impreza wrx
                      1990 LX 5spd

Comment

I just checked RockAuto.com; they list the 90 Festiva and the 95 Aspire fuel tanks as the same part #, for 2 brands: Spectra F40B and Dorman 576168. This is for 2 door Aspires. I also checked a 1997 4 door and it has a different part #.
                        Last edited by TominMO; 10-30-2009, 10:53 AM.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                          I just checked RockAuto.com; they list the 90 Festiva and the 95 Aspire fuel tanks as the same part #, for 2 brands: Spectra F40B and Dorman 576168. This is for 2 door Aspires. I also checked a 1997 4 door and it has a different part #.
                          This is good to know.
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Tom, you beat me to it. Was going to say, I am pretty sure the 2 door Aspire tanks are compatible with the Festiva, but 4 door Aspire tanks are not.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^^ correct!
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X