How do you think it would look...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think it would look...

I dont know if people have done this already, but how do you think a car would look if all of the paint was stripped off of it. All of it. Down to bare metal, and then a clearcoat applied to maintain a solid steel look. It would need to be sanded with a very fine grit to get all scratches and swirls out of the metal but I think it would look pretty sweet. Just wondering what you guys think.
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Interesting, never thought of that.......

Comment

Originally posted by ShagFestiva View Post
      I dont know if people have done this already, but how do you think a car would look if all of the paint was stripped off of it. All of it. Down to bare metal, and then a clearcoat applied to maintain a solid steel look. It would need to be sanded with a very fine grit to get all scratches and swirls out of the metal but I think it would look pretty sweet. Just wondering what you guys think.
      you'll have LOTS of problems with adhesion. That's the primary reason you don't see it often.

not to hijack the thread, but I know Denver is a pretty small town. Do you know any of the Bonneaus?
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Chrome "mirra" paint would be better.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

if you wetsand the rustoleum aluminum colored paint with 400 or 600 grit you will have the same look

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

sounds like you might want a delorian instead of a festiva.. but where will you put the flux capacitor?

Comment

^rofl
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I think Chrome paint would look awesome, make it base-coat clear-coat so it really shines!

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

My dads harley is painted like that. I will try to find a picture and get it on here... it looks pretty sweet!
                  The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                  89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Its been done. Albeit in Stainless Steel.
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

How do you think it would look...
                      It quite honestly sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard, although I did think you were going to say "and acid rust it".
                      Last edited by pr0nst4r; 11-05-2009, 08:11 PM.
                      -Caleb
                      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Well, I couldn't find a picture of my dads bike, but this is similar. It is not all stripped, but the base of the flames is straight down to bare metal and clear-coated.

I think a whole car would look pretty sweet, but add the flames on it like this, and WOW!
                        Here is another picture...

A close-up of what I am talking about.
                        Last edited by doylerl; 11-05-2009, 10:49 PM.
                        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Sorry FB71 dont know any Bonneaus. and takeone51 I would swap the flux capacitor with dual kwazi boxes. Just make sure you lube them up with elbow grease before you weld them onto your piston return springs.
                          Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Working...
                          X