X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...&& she will be my Frankenstein...

I'm a few days late on posting, but....
    I FINALLY GOT A NEW FESTYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

On Wednesday I took a drive over to Covington and picked up Andy's silver LX. I've only got shots of it sitting on the trailer so far...

It's not in quite as good as condition as my '91 L was,

..but it'll look great with a little work. Now it's time to start mixing in parts from the L.
    I haven't had much of a chance to start working on her yet, but I did see that the cam sprocket keeper broke off of the cam. Does anyone know if this piece is simply knocked in and can be tapped out and replaced?
    Oh and I'm hoping to do the brake swap down the line. What do you guys think of these rims? They're limited edition 15's off of my Civic

For now though, I get to put these babies back to use...

Joey Richard Jr.

1991 Ford Festiva L; died but donated all her organs
    1988 Ford Festiva LX; EFI swapped in...actually everything swapped in

Quality is Job 1. Together, We Can Save Lives. Ford.

good snag Joe.....refresh my memory....what happened to your car again? It is terrible by the looks of it.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Dang, Joe....I like your old wheels better....just my opinion, tho!
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Just over a year ago it hydroplaned, went into the neutral ground, rolled over.
        here's a link..

Warning: Content may make you cry. Avert eyes if you have a weak stomach.

but now I see that most of those pics are missing so...

Joey Richard Jr.

Comment

^^ That'll buff out. Congrats on the new Festy tho.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

why oh why does this happen to all the good Festy's. Not sure how I missed that one.....glad you were ok and glad you got another one again.
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

yeah my first one was amazing, my dad takes excellent care of his cars. wish i still had it non-wrecked
              Joey Richard Jr.

Comment

^^ That'll buff out.
                :laughing5::laughing5:
                1989 Red L- The Baron
                www.letstalkbeatles.com
                Link to Baron Pics:
                http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Cool, man you're old one was sweet before the wreck!
                  -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                  -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                  -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

you know...I was just thinking....you could do what quaddawg did and make an autox'r out of it....roll cage and such.
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

So its true the Festiva will hold up threw a roll over im surprised i always thought it was like a street bike you get one chance...
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                        So its true the Festiva will hold up threw a roll over im surprised i always thought it was like a street bike you get one chance...
                        these cars are way under rated....they hold up/protect you well in an accident. They usually make it through it and still drive. Not that you would want to.

You must have missed the vid posted of the guy purposely rolling his and then driving away.
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Yeah ya right! GO JOE! You will improve that Metry neighborhood up again.
                          Have owned 9 so far
                          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

are those corvette wheels?
                            it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

NO corvettes didn't have a 4 lug pattern IIRC but they look like them. I still like them, as I said before I want them...
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                              X