Capri & XR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capri & XR2

Guy close to me has 2 Capris. One's a manual XR2, the other an auto base model non-turbo. Said he wants $1300 for both cars as a set! One runs (non-turbo) but the turbo model has a messed up turbo and both cars are in horrible shape bodywise, but that's not the reason I was lookin', of course. I figured 'em for junk so I though I'd ask, and it floored me when he said I could finance them both for $1900. I pretty much thanked him for his time and left out quickly. I wouldn't have given him $1,000 for both cars, even if it did mean I got 2 B6 motors. No XR2 swap for me today! Hunting some more...
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

wow thats alot of money for 2 junk cars. i paid 200 for my capri with only 59k miles on it.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Originally posted by fattie View Post
      wow thats alot of money for 2 junk cars. i paid 200 for my capri with only 59k miles on it.
      There's a real problem in SC with dealers stuck on a seller's market even though the unemployment rate here is close to 22% claimed. I'm surprised they didn't end up C4C cars.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Thats probably why he wants so much for them, is because he couldn't get the 4.5K for them for C4C.
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

That is quite a bit of money, i'd try offering $200 for just the XR2 since it needs a turbo :lol: it may piss him off but oh well, maybe he'd actually accept

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

worse thing he says is no or gtfo, but if he says ok, you just got your donor car for hella cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X