yes ill say it im a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes ill say it im a noob

well I am new to this site, but not the joys of the FORD FESTIVA. This being my second I plan on keeping it for a good long while. now the car its self is a
    1988 silver...ish manual LX that i got for the price of 200$. with that it said it dose have some problems such as, no interior, no rear seats, dents galore(but no body rust), and some minor electrical problems. i ain't got no rear lights!but other than that well worth the 2 bigs i paid. so my first problem (of many to come) is that the pant could be called custom, it has a hideous black with red runners from stem to stern. it also has 7's on either door. so i place it to you the people, what should i paint this bucket of magnificences?
    the green or the white(if white the stripe will be silver) keep in mind this is going to be a winter car. p.s. I'm going to try to incorporate a gt500 heat extractor into the hood. ha ha as if this engine makes any heat!
    Last edited by Pu241; 11-12-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Some say he invented November. And that for some reason he's been in Brazil all weekend and he came back looking very pleased. All we know is, he's called The Stig.

White would make it look less like Ali G's car. In my opinion, the simpler they look, the better. Sounds like you are going to have fun with it.
    Oscar

Comment

Welcome! I like the idea of the green (I'm not a big fan of white). Either way I'm sure it will look sweet.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I hate green...... Oh wait...... yeah green! Welcome!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Go green!
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Winter car? Green would help it be more visable in snow and give it a fighting chance of not being buried by a snow plow.

But what shade of green? The Neanderpaul green looked great at Madness last month!!!
            Angela

Little Blue 1990 L Plus in Smurf
            Wife of Jiminy Cricket who keeps me in line and out of jail!

Scitzz and I agree that tire tread and brakes are both very overrated.

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
            www.festivamadness.com

Manager of Econogray the Offical Madness Motel

Comment

it will be the prosch jolly appel green, but if it gose white artic white
              Some say he invented November. And that for some reason he's been in Brazil all weekend and he came back looking very pleased. All we know is, he's called The Stig.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluecar View Post
                Winter car? Green would help it be more visable in snow and give it a fighting chance of not being buried by a snow plow.

But what shade of green? The Neanderpaul green looked great at Madness last month!!!
                I actually don't have a green one yet. ops:
                that was another members car. I cant remember his name or username. DOH! ops:
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Porsche has had more than 60 shades of green but I don't think any was jolly apple green. It would be funny though if you painted the car GT3 RS green and instead of GT3 RS written in black it would say Festiva LX.
                  There was a post with the Porsche greens somewhere... Found it. Here it is: http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/pors...d-porsche.html
                  Last edited by perucho; 11-12-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: added link
                  Oscar

Comment

I think the guy you're thinking of was called Vu....he's a marine I think.

Last edited by Sparky; 11-12-2009, 04:35 PM.
                    1989 Red L- The Baron
                    www.letstalkbeatles.com
                    Link to Baron Pics:
                    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                    1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

And welcome to the site!!!
                      1989 Red L- The Baron
                      www.letstalkbeatles.com
                      Link to Baron Pics:
                      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Welcome noob!
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Welcome!! Lots of good info and good friends here.
                          Jerry
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                            I think the guy you're thinking of was called Vu....he's a marine I think.

You are right. My memory of Madness is a little fuzzy. My only excuse is sunburn
                            Angela

Little Blue 1990 L Plus in Smurf
                            Wife of Jiminy Cricket who keeps me in line and out of jail!

Scitzz and I agree that tire tread and brakes are both very overrated.

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                            www.festivamadness.com

Manager of Econogray the Offical Madness Motel

Comment

Another Michigander! We've had quite a few join up lately.
                              Welcome aboard noobie! Always remember "Search" is your freind!
                              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                              - Unknown
                              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X