I bought an 07 Yaris guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought an 07 Yaris guys

I've been keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a Yaris. It had to be a 2-dr HB 5-spd (of course) just like our beloved festys. A few weeks ago I came across this one in Utah:

cruise, A/C, that's about it for options. The same 1.5L VVT-i from the Echo...but it don't get the echo MPG's unfortunately. It might have something to do with being 400 #'s heavier, and according to knowledgeble econoheads, a HB disturbs the air more than a sedan. That's the only two differences I can think of.

If I REALLY try hard (cruising at 55mph for hundreds of flat miles) it will pull 42MPG. unsually it's in the high 30's.

I will hand it to Toyota: it's comfortable, quiet and fun to drive (for a kind of econo-box).

That's it guys. My tired 89 carbed festy cab beat that on an average day.

Got an amazing deal on it. Already planning to sell it for a modest profit and pick up a clean EFI festy.

FX
    Because....45 MPG.

The yaris HB is my choice of festy replacement in 15yrs or so
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Why wait 15 years?... Mine is for sale now.
      Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I really like the shape of the HB Yaris; looks like a cartoon car.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

a coworker has one that he lowered and put rims on they look nice.
          1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
          1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
          1983 Chevy Elcamino
          1993 Ford Festiva GL
          2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
          some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

The clerk at the local Post Office has a red Yaris, I like it. How much you asking for it ?
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Nice Yaris!

I'm probably going for a Rio or an Echo.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I much recommend the Echo my friend. The Canadians got a HB Echo for a few years. It's the perfect car IMHO. We settle for the sedans, which are nice, but the space distribution is lame (like all sedans) unless you haul people around (which I don't preferring junk instead)

FX
                Because....45 MPG.

Comment

That is great to hear. We seen a Kia Soul at dealer in Billings, Mont.
                  last week, it kind of looked different, but seems like a lot of the current
                  cars have that sort of look now .....like boxy back end.
                  I like the look of the Kia Rio in that burnt orange paint scheme.

Comment

I just can't wait for the new fiesta!
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                      I just can't wait for the new fiesta!
                      i hope they come out with a SVT model that would be nice
                      92 civic sedan VTAK
                      91 festiva small and slow

Comment

Working...
                      X