engine overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine overhaul

Anyone give me a roundhouse cost estimate to do a ring and valve job on a 1.3 and are overhaul kits readily available at parts houses? thanks,

Originally posted by willowfarm
    Anyone give me a roundhouse cost estimate to do a ring and valve job on a 1.3 and are overhaul kits readily available at parts houses? thanks,
    you may get lucky and have a kit still at a parts store - Will you be doing the job your self or are you looking to have someone else do it?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

engine overhaul

I will be doing the work myself having done 18 porsches of all types over the retirement years. Just got into porshtivas and they are great little cars, just bought another tonight, 91 L for 650, runs and drives great, 5 spd, my other is an auto. I am also a certified welder with all the tools so I might try my hand at building a set of headers after having a machinist friend cut out the flanges. I am looking forward to soupin these babies up a little and at the same time I will install a hydrogen fuel cell on one to up the mileage and performance as well.

Comment

Hello and welcome....please ad your location....so we can come over and have you help us.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

engine overhaul

thanks for greeting and welcome, I am way out on the west coast in the thriving village of Kalama, Washington. I think I have every tool known to man and maybe a few that aren't named yet. If I get going on these headers, I also have a small hydraulic bender, hard telling what a guy could come up with, might not run at all.

Comment

welcome to the site.
            Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            Hello and welcome....please ad your location....so we can come over and have you help us.
            he cant update his location. user cp is not working .
            1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
            1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
            1983 Chevy Elcamino
            1993 Ford Festiva GL
            2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
            some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Originally posted by marinepolice03 View Post
              welcome to the site.

he cant update his location. user cp is not working .
              ohhh please....excuses ... excuses......lol
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Hmmmmm....looks like he updated it......hahahaha
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                I will sleep when I die!

Comment

ok is it just me that cant get to user cp then?
                  1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                  1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                  1983 Chevy Elcamino
                  1993 Ford Festiva GL
                  2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                  some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

lol....no one can

but I can....hehehehehe
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Ok - back on topic -
                      I just pulled a shopping cart together at advance auto parts online - I was able to get everything but new rockers, pistons, rods, and rings. they have the lifters in the system but it shows they are out of stock so you may need to look at another source for those (they did have many "preformance" choices by crane though) I included all new overhead in the list valves, springs, seals, lifters (everything but the rockers). I also included a new timing belt and tentioner - face it if your rebuilding why not replace these vital components - I was able to get all the seals and bearings for the main and the rods - even a cam seal and new timing cover dust seal, I wasn't able to include a new head gasket though because the site locked up on me before I was finished with my cart and when I refreshed my cart was empty. but the total came to about $350 if your doing the work yourself I figure you may spend $500 total if your replacing all components - advance had heads avalible if you found yours wasn't true and couldnt be machined. I guess it all depends on how much you want to do to the motor and the condition of it once you get into it - of course if it doesn't need it then you could realocate that money to a bigger motor

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                      X