Good deal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal???

So I am in desperate need of a tire on my left front. And I realize that it is very difficult to find 12" tires (hope to move up to 13" soon) anyway the best deal I could find was for- Nankank 155/80R12 for $50 free shipping (brand new) Is that a good deal?

I really just need something cheap to hold me for a bit but my left front is very bald.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

No good 12" tires in the JYs around you? Try 12" Geo Metro wheels/tires; direct fit. Also, what I did for awhile is use two 13" Metro wheels (later Metros, 95 up I think) on the front. Works fine with 12" on the rear, especially if all are 80-series sidewalls. Two Metro wheels will let you have a real 12" spare instead of a space-saver one.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      No good 12" tires in the JYs around you? Try 12" Geo Metro wheels/tires; direct fit. Also, what I did for awhile is use two 13" Metro wheels (later Metros, 95 up I think) on the front. Works fine with 12" on the rear, especially if all are 80-series sidewalls. Two Metro wheels will let you have a real 12" spare instead of a space-saver one.
      Thanks for the info. I decided not to get the tire since I plan on going to the 13" rims anyway. I'm going to just try and get home... It's not to far and I've got the donut (never been used) So I'll be good Then I'll make a trip to pull-a-apart and get two 13's for now since the back 12's are still good. Thanks for the info!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

discount tire around here have them for 32.00
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
          discount tire around here have them for 32.00
          Really? that's surprising..I called about 10 different places. Anything from discount tire or Tire barn to small places. I only found one place. but it was still $50 but I figure might as well move up to the 13" now instead of wasting money on the 12"

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Understand the issue of finding 12" tires, but my concern is why your left front tire is bald.
            You need to find/determine why this is, so the new tire doesn't end up the same way.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
              Understand the issue of finding 12" tires, but my concern is why your left front tire is bald.
              You need to find/determine why this is, so the new tire doesn't end up the same way.
              Oh yeah, I can see where that would raise some red flags! ha Well there are a couple reasons for that. So I'll just state the most guilty of the reasons. I bought the car and it had a bad break pad on it and I did not have time to fix it due to being 4 hours from home and it being midnight ha so I just put a nail in the break line to prevent that break from destroying the rotors. Anyway got home fine and all that. My dad took it to get licensed and what not and a women cut out in front of him and he slammed the breaks and basically destroyed the one tire (which was fairly old to begin with) So that is the primary reason I only need one tire right now also the guy before me never rotated the tires and I need some new ball joints eventually.

But yeah thanks for the concern!

Oh and I have new break pads on it :p

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Make sure you get new ball joints (they're called lower control arms). If they fail (pop out) it can be a big problem. Here's a link; I'd recommend the ones over $50.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I was pricing new tires around my area and the cheapest was 65 per tire and the most was 75. So I just decided to go to a used tire shop and get a set for 25 each installed. I plan on going to 13 inch next year (hopefully) but I want to do the aspire swap first and besides I need new shocks anyway. I just need to get a list of the stuff I need and have to do, to do the aspire swap.
                  Lifes to short to sweet the small stuff. Enjoy everyday like it was the last.:p

Comment

Make sure you get new ball joints (they're called lower control arms). If they fail (pop out) it can be a big problem. Here's a link; I'd recommend the ones over $50.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10401
                    Thanks for the link! I was looking earlier for the lower control arm, this will help very much. I'll hopefully be getting them this week sometime. They still have life in them but will need replaced.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by taytay91 View Post
                      I was pricing new tires around my area and the cheapest was 65 per tire and the most was 75. So I just decided to go to a used tire shop and get a set for 25 each installed. I plan on going to 13 inch next year (hopefully) but I want to do the aspire swap first and besides I need new shocks anyway. I just need to get a list of the stuff I need and have to do, to do the aspire swap.
                      Yeah I was having a hard time finding a good deal around here. But I know in my hometown we have a used tire place I'll have to check.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10401
                      Thanks for the link! I was looking earlier for the lower control arm, this will help very much. I'll hopefully be getting them this week sometime. They still have life in them but will need replaced.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Awsome site tom. They have all kinds of stuff at great prices!
                        Lifes to short to sweet the small stuff. Enjoy everyday like it was the last.:p

Comment

Working...
                        X