stupid aerostar door switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid aerostar door switch

On my mother-in-law's Aerostar, the switch that tells the dome light to turn on when you open the door fell apart. This a cheap winter beater and I don't plan to replace the switch. It's a 3 wire switch. How can I connect these wires to bypass the switch? I know I could just pull the fuse, but I don't wanna make the interior lights completely useless. Thanks!
    1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Personally Id take that Aerostar to the JY and get her something else to drive around this winter. I had an Aerostar and it was horrible in winter. My wife ended up running backwards into a tree with it when she lost it on an icy road. Snapped the drivers seat and broke her collar bone.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Yikes. Driving this thing around, I had a feeling it would be bad in winter.
      1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

Ive never had a vehicle thatd lock the brakes as easy an aerostar does. Thatd be my only complaint about it. I liked the ride, it had plenty of zip and MPGs werent horrible.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

We have an aerostar van, parents say it was the best investment they ever made. With three kids there was still plenty of room and it fits our go-kart or motorcycle when i go racing or riding. Then again we dont have snow here in san diego very often hahaha. but you could try to grab another switch at the J/Y the ones around here usually have 5-6 aerostars at any given time.

Comment

Well, I guess the switch is the least of my problems. I was driving it today, since I've been borrowing it while getting the AMC ready for winter, and it very suddenly blew coolant everywhere. Good chance it's leaking at the pump. I'll check it out tomorrow. If it's the pump, the van is off to the junkyard.
            1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

Hopefully it's just a radiator hose. It does happen unfortunately.
              The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
              89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

My dad had 2 of them. Not by choice. The tranny went out in the first one (they were both 89's) and the second one blew a motor... I heard some guy came to pick 'em up and put one van together... Wouldn't buy one, honestly, but that's due to the transmission being the same as the Mustang trans. That info is from my dad, so if I'm wrong, sorry...
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                X