1st time was just practice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time was just practice...

:sex: Just put newly rebuilt tranny (M5OD) in my 90 F150 and it now it wont go into gear while running. Guess the clutch blew out at same time the tranny shot its load?! So now I get to pull the tranny again! Yay! Will go into all gears with engine off, but not while running. Can see slave cylinder/throwout bearing thru the inspection window. Its workng and pushing the diaphram in on the pressure plate, but the pedal is really stiff, feels and sounds like it aint doing anything and wont go into any gears with engine on. Can see the the cylinder/bearing pushing the diaphram about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I didnt inspect the clutch real good as it looked fine, looking at it with the pressure plate on.
    Tried bleeding slave and it had no air bubbles, as it should be, as it is only 1 year old. New clutch and slave last year, and was the slave from this tranny.
    Just disconnected hydraulic line and reconnected after install.
    Is this the clutch or is there someting else causing this problem?
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

^ (bump) Anybody got anything? Its been nasty weather since and havent got to taking it apart ( which i'm hoping I dont have to) but if nobody's got anything, i'll be taking it apart for the clutch repair I guess.
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

sounds like clutch to me
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I've been busy and the weather has not been good again. Working outside. I really need to get this truck going. Clutch time. Rather it be Miller time, or wait, it can be both!
        Dan

R.I.P.
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Working...
        X