Festiva in a national magazine; Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva in a national magazine; Part 2

Well, in the Jan '10 Car and Driver (the 10 best issue), there is a Festy on P.76. The headline is something like "owners think it's a race car", and shows some other small cars with huge spoilers, etc. The Festy is owned by a Steve Keppler, and has a very ugly, very large hood scoop, and about a million decals plastered over the sides. Not pretty.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Any pics of it?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Awaiting pics...
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I thought someone said it was Micah Dehn? Also, that is kinda bad mouthing a fellow stiva owners car. If it is someone from here, they may be offended by the above comments. Just my .02, I just know the rule says not to put someones car down.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
          I thought someone said it was Micah Dehn? Also, that is kinda bad mouthing a fellow stiva owners car. If it is someone from here, they may be offended by the above comments. Just my .02, I just know the rule says not to put someones car down.
          This is a different Festy in the magazine mentioned and a different owner. There is not a rule that I know of about putting down a car. If they are here and offended they can speak up.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yep thats true. We all have different tastes and if I dont like something someones done with their car Im going to let em know it. But I always say its your ride, do whatever you want or whatever pleases you. Dont do it for approval from a bunch of guys on a forum.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
              Well, in the Jan '10 Car and Driver (the 10 best issue), there is a Festy on P.76. The headline is something like "owners think it's a race car", and shows some other small cars with huge spoilers, etc. The Festy is owned by a Steve Keppler, and has a very ugly, very large hood scoop, and about a million decals plastered over the sides. Not pretty.
              For a Minute I thought You Were Talking about My ride lol!!:laughing6:
              1993 Ford Festiva GL "My Cream Puff & new project"

1998 Isuzu Rodeo
              1994 Suzuki Intruder 1400cc "Da Cruiser"
              1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 "My Work Horse"
              1994 Isuzu Trooper "Camo Off Road Beast"

1989 Festiva L Stock Engine "Rallytiva71"
              Daily Driver,Rally Racing Look,Little Additions Daily. *******Sold*******
              FOTM October 09/ October Page FF.Com 2010 Calendar.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3810528

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                Yep thats true. We all have different tastes and if I dont like something someones done with their car Im going to let em know it. But I always say its your ride, do whatever you want or whatever pleases you. Dont do it for approval from a bunch of guys on a forum.
                I Agree With You 100% Monsoon, Well Said
                1993 Ford Festiva GL "My Cream Puff & new project"

1998 Isuzu Rodeo
                1994 Suzuki Intruder 1400cc "Da Cruiser"
                1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 "My Work Horse"
                1994 Isuzu Trooper "Camo Off Road Beast"

1989 Festiva L Stock Engine "Rallytiva71"
                Daily Driver,Rally Racing Look,Little Additions Daily. *******Sold*******
                FOTM October 09/ October Page FF.Com 2010 Calendar.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3810528

Comment

just looked at it..... looks like a real nice festy if you can see past the stickers and the rediculous scoop on the hood. why oh why would you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                    There is not a rule that I know of about putting down a car. .
                    Except when someone is selling a car in the FS/W forum.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Hey if all our cars were the same this hobby would be pretty boring.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                        Hey if all our cars were the same this hobby would be pretty boring.
                        You got that right :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                          Except when someone is selling a car in the FS/W forum.
                          Ok. That clarifys what I was talking about. I didn't know it was only in the FS forum. My bad...
                          The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                          89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Yes, it doesn't look bad at all once you get past the (IMO) bad hood scoop and (again, IMO) what looks like dozens of little decals from different parts manufacturers.
                            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                            Mark S.

Comment

^^ Agreed^^
                              Here you go.
                              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                              - Unknown
                              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X