General Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Festiva

What should I be on the look out for when buying a Festiva. I found one that I might buy, but would like to know from the experts on here what I should be looking for... Its got 143k on the clock, 5sp Manual and AC..Stereo is stock too.. There is some rust on the bottom of the door.

Thanks

Rust around the front edge of the rear wheels. If it is there, start looking at the pinchweld on the torque boxes front to back, and inside the openings. Other than that, if it runs, ans steers straight. Anything else can be repaired.
    Have owned 9 so far
    White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
    Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
    Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
    Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
    Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

I guess it also depends on how much the seller is asking. If it's $50 you can't be too picky.
      Oscar

Comment

^^ But I wouldn't want to get into the kind of rust I have dealt with on a couple again.
        Have owned 9 so far
        Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!

Comment

They are asking almost $800 for it. To me that is way to high for it. I might go take a real good look at it again. Is there anything I should look for in the engine compartment? besides the normal stuff..leaks,etc.

Comment

What year? Any options?
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

JMO, but if it runs and drives well, what else will you find for 800.00 that gets 40+MPG?
              Have owned 9 so far

Comment

true..not much else..I was just wondering.. I haven't owed a festiva in about 10 years. Its a 92, 5 spd with AC

Comment

They're pretty reliable cars. If there are no major rust issues, I'd say get it! They might come down a little on the price, but I wouldn't lose out on it if they stay firm. That's low mileage for a Festy.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                  X