Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say hello to everybody!

Hello everybody!
    I am new here. First let me introduce myself. I am a Chinese student studying in Melbourne. Before I come here I just bought a used Ford Festiva with several problems, such as leaks and very noisy engine.
    Then I decide to DIY my car but I even haven't driven before. And I found here from google. I believe the procession must be a lot of fun. I hope some warm-hearted ones can help me and give me some advice from the very basic, such as what to read or what tools to prepare.
    Thank you very much.:jerk:

Welcome to the site! first off if you put your location in your profile it will help users later on know where you are located, that way if theres a member near you they can lend a hand fixingyour troubles

second, if you have a repair question just post in the Repair Help Forum

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Welcome, Adam!!
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Welcome to the site!
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Welcome, You've come to the right place.
          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Do you mean you are a Chinese guy named Adam, or an Australian studying Chinese? If you're Chinese, from where?
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              Do you mean you are a Chinese guy named Adam, or an Australian studying Chinese? If you're Chinese, from where?
              Many Chinese in Australia.
              Probably calls himself Adam because most of us couldn't pronounce his given name, well except for you, Tom!
              Had a Chinese GTA for P-Chem, great guy, told me of the time he built a recorder from sewing thread spools and a read/write head and a few other bits.
              To record music from the "radio free" station outside of China.
              He was ratted out by someone in his village and spend many months in jail!

Oh, almost forgot welcome Adam:wav:
              Last edited by Pu241; 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Thanks, guys. I am sorry for confusing you. I am Chinese and studying in Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam0419 View Post
                  Thanks, guys. I am sorry for confusing you. I am Chinese and studying in Melbourne.
                  Cong Taiwan, Xianggang huozhe Zhonghuarenmingongheguo?
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

:wav:Welcome Adam, I hope you can get your tiva going soon, You'll Love it!!
                    1993 Ford Festiva GL "My Cream Puff & new project"

1998 Isuzu Rodeo
                    1994 Suzuki Intruder 1400cc "Da Cruiser"
                    1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 "My Work Horse"
                    1994 Isuzu Trooper "Camo Off Road Beast"

1989 Festiva L Stock Engine "Rallytiva71"
                    Daily Driver,Rally Racing Look,Little Additions Daily. *******Sold*******
                    FOTM October 09/ October Page FF.Com 2010 Calendar.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3810528

Comment

Welcome Adam, hope you find the place to your liking.....lol
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

hey man, welcome to the wacky but "fun" world of festivas! this site is certainly worth investing some time into, lots of info... i would recommend reading here, there is a great search option for any and all subjects... and getting a Haynes manual, should be easy to find at your local auto parts store, although they may hafto order it down there... not sure your budget, but a good set of box wrenches i hear is a great spot to start. inexpensive sets have been known to be a waste of money, i try to look around at local second hand stores. good luck - i wouldn't call it all fun n games for sure, but there is an extremely satisfying feeling of doing it yourself and coming out on top. you may need to consult your health practitioner on stress relief though and i'm gonna take the fact that your smilie is giving me the finger as a newbie mistake... cheers
                        light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.
                        light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.:faroah:

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                          Cong Taiwan, Xianggang huozhe Zhonghuarenmingongheguo?
                          Mainland, and you?

Comment

Originally posted by blue*93 View Post
                            hey man, welcome to the wacky but "fun" world of festivas! this site is certainly worth investing some time into, lots of info... i would recommend reading here, there is a great search option for any and all subjects... and getting a Haynes manual, should be easy to find at your local auto parts store, although they may hafto order it down there... not sure your budget, but a good set of box wrenches i hear is a great spot to start. inexpensive sets have been known to be a waste of money, i try to look around at local second hand stores. good luck - i wouldn't call it all fun n games for sure, but there is an extremely satisfying feeling of doing it yourself and coming out on top. you may need to consult your health practitioner on stress relief though and i'm gonna take the fact that your smilie is giving me the finger as a newbie mistake... cheers
                            Thank you for your advice. I am gonna follow you and have some fun.

Comment

What Melbourne are you in? Austraila, Florida?
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X