F-150 Wheel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-150 Wheel Question

I have a 2002 F-150 Supercrew with really nice stock rims but the last 7 years and 125k miles have taken their toll. Break dust, road grime, etc have really stained or maybe even ruined the finish. Does anyone on here have experience with a cleaning solutions, polish, etc that will restore the rims back to original or at least close? Thanks

BTW this is not my truck but a good pic of my rims.
    Last edited by BigWheel; 12-17-2009, 08:32 PM. Reason: Adding Pic
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

if theyre aluminum, good luck. most aluminum wheels have a clearcoat over the machined part and it eventually wears off. my jeep wheels have only 40K miles on them but since theyre 7 years old, im starting to get wormholes in the clearcoat. but if i tried anything, ask for wheel acid at a pro detail shop. we sell a product called aluminator but you need to dilute it or wear gloves because it will eat your skin.
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Time for upgrades I say!
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I just bought new steel rims for my 01 f-150 when my orginal ones start looking less than perfect. I was able to get my rims for 400. I still have the stock rims just in case I need them. I am guessing you have stock 17s? I got the stock 16s.
        Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Working...
        X