getting festiva back $275 and a 12 pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting festiva back $275 and a 12 pack

so the damage was a cv axle, wheel bearings were literaly falling apart and the ball joint. so $275 and a 12 pack later (not a bad deal for parts and labor) my boy fixed it all up and will be back on the road tonight and ill be back on track with the project. all the peices are coming together. i got the turbo unit and mani and all lines from ruppenduro (its on the way), a dsm fender mount intercooler (on the way), boost controler (on the way), and my safc 2. so i still need the bov, 12:1 fuel regulater, extra fuel pump, and i guess a pump for the oil return?... let me know if i need anything else. i still havent painted my wheels or put the tires on or painted the car. this weekend im installing 6x9's in the hatch (4" and component tweets just doesnt cut it). i still have yet to cut the front bumper support to install the golf gti big bumper i modded ( i have a problem with doing one thing at a time). ill get pics of the speaker install and take more pics of the progress as i go along i know how you guys like that. and ill be asking for moe help and instruction along the way. thanks yall
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

make sure you give the 6x9 room to breath in the hatch.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ebay bov and fmu.....less than $100. And oil return? Where are you mounting your turbo, because if it is above the oil pan gravity will do the work for you.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

dont forget a msd btm. you need some sort of spark control. what kind of turbo and is it going on a 1.3?

Comment

I sold him the turbo. Its one of the turbo's off of a japanese twin turbo subaru legacy. I think its either a vj13 or vj14. Its small and should be perfect for the 1.3. The oil return is easy, just drill and tap your oil pan for a hose fitting and run a hose down from the oil return on the turbo. The one thing you will have to figure out is the oil feed, you can probably use an ebay feed line, or you can try to do something with the factory legacy piece that I sent with the turbo. Also, you don`t need another fuel pump, the factory unit is fine. You may want to open the exhaust up if its still factory sized.

Comment

i tee'd off the oil pressure switch and used 1/4" brake line on my old b3

Comment

-festyboy- for the 6X9s i have 1 1/2" spacers for them

-reppenduro- i do have a 2 1/4" cat back now and i guess ill be upgrading the downpipe is 2 1/4" to big of piping on the 1.3 to build quick boost?

-euro- im using the aspire mani and flange that repp sold me so i think it will be above the oil pan, i heard people talking about a/c getting in the way for the install of the turbo or something like that? idk
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

2.25 will be too large for what your goals are.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thats what i thought 2 would be better

Comment

Working...
                  X