Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it suitable to convert into lpg fuel system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it suitable to convert into lpg fuel system?

I am just wondering my year 2000/150,000kms festiva worthy to use lpg or not? If answer is yes, how much is the cost? I hope someone give me some advice.

Ask someone locally who would know about it, there in Australia. Since these cars are so economical anyway, I doubt it would be worth the expense.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I just think it may be interesting if my car runs on gas. And a lpg is more environmental friendly.

Comment

not feasible
        since the LPG tanks are so heavy and bulky
        you will lose more than gained

I am the original

Comment

Depends upon how he uses his festiva.
          City driving over short distances might work fine.
          But as I recall here in the USA conversions were $2,000 plus.
          If your doing this to save money, I don't think you ever reach break-even, depending upon costs of Gas vs LPG.
          Mechanicaldj is correct, if your running long distances.
          Because the containment for the LPG is so much heaver and larger you can't carry enough fuel to match the range of the gas festiva unless you sacrifice some cargo/passenger room.
          Then your talking FAB work and real money.
          If you want to help the environment drive less and keep your festiva in top tune.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            Depends upon how he uses his festiva.
            City driving over short distances might work fine.
            But as I recall here in the USA conversions were $2,000 plus.
            If your doing this to save money, I don't think you ever reach break-even, depending upon costs of Gas vs LPG.
            Mechanicaldj is correct, if your running long distances.
            Because the containment for the LPG is so much heaver and larger you can't carry enough fuel to match the range of the gas festiva unless you sacrifice some cargo/passenger room.
            Then your talking FAB work and real money.
            If you want to help the environment drive less and keep your festiva in top tune.
            +1. Let common sense rule!
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Got it. Thank you for your helpful advices.
              And I am planning to seek a part-time job in a car repairing workshop so that Ican learn a lot about cars, then I can work on my Festiva. Do you think it is a good idea?

Comment

There is nothing wrong with knowing how to maintain your own vehicle to save labour costs, no matter what car you drive!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam0419 View Post
                  Got it. Thank you for your helpful advices.
                  And I am planning to seek a part-time job in a car repairing workshop so that Ican learn a lot about cars, then I can work on my Festiva. Do you think it is a good idea?
                  I don't know if you need to get a job to learn how to fix your Festiva, I would hope we could help you with most things.
                  But, economics rules.
                  If the part time auto repair pays well then thats a win/win.
                  But, my guess is you are better at other things that pay better.
                  So you do that job and we help you with the Festiva repairs, again win/win.

Would really like some pic of your car, besides when repairs are necessary it will help us if you can post pics of the offending part/location.
                  So learning to post pics now will help you in the future.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I'm sure somebody'll correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought that both LPG and gasoline are obtained from crude oil. If that's the case, what'd be the environmental advantage to this conversion?
                    Rob J

Comment

Originally posted by Adam0419 View Post
                      I just think it may be interesting if my car runs on gas. And a lpg is more environmental friendly.
                      Termite farts are a leading contributor to "global warming". They emit more methane gas than all of human industry. Methane is the #2 contributor to the so-called "greenhouse effect" (responsible for 18% and 2nd only to CO2). This is due to the high concentration of Methane producing bacteria in a termite's digestive system which is required to digest the high fiber diet of wood. So...............................

Swap in a BP, drive your Festiva all you want and burn as much dino-juice as possible.
                      If you want to be environmentally friendly, get a job at Orkin and cut down as many trees as you can!
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                      X