BB Ford powered Camaro on Pass Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB Ford powered Camaro on Pass Time

Anyone see the episode of Pass Time last night?

They had the "Combo" round and it was (2) Camaros. One was a '70 with a big block Chevy and the other was around a '77 or something with a big block Ford motor! When Ken Herring asked the driver "Why would anyone put a Ford motor in a Camaro?", the guy's reply was "Because I want to go fast!".

When they made the run, the Ford powered car ran like an 8.70 and the Chevy ran like a high 9. Beat the Chevy by several car lengths. Not a word was said. I got a tingly feeling all over..............
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Awesome, just awesome. Stinks I missed it.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post

They had the "Combo" round and it was (2) Camaros. One was a '70 with a big block Chevy and the other was around a '77 or something with a big block Ford motor! When Ken Herring asked the driver "Why would anyone put a Ford motor in a Camaro?", the guy's reply was "Because I want to go fast!".

When they made the run, the Ford powered car ran like an 8.70 and the Chevy ran like a high 9. Beat the Chevy by several car lengths. Not a word was said. I got a tingly feeling all over..............
      I love that.

Back in the 70's I used to get sick seeing Mustangs with Chevy engines in all the magazines. It's about time someone did the reverse.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Meh.....Both are boat anchors :p
        96 Pontiac Firehawk # 48.. 383 stroker
        81 Buick Regal Limited
        65 Chevrolet Corvar Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post

classic!
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

that rocks nothing better then the sound of a ford to make a chey look good lol
            the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
            \/\_____________FORD
            FOREVER

Comment

i got in a big argument with a chevy guy about this... i said i wanted to put a ford motor in a chevy body and he just about died... then started going off on how crappy ford motors are and how good chevy motors are.... then i asked him if its ok to put a chevy motor in a ford... then he said thats fine... WTF!!! what makes it ok to put chevy power in a ford but not ford power in a chevy... those people are to high up on there high horse... i see it all the time at the track too... they trash talk all fords and then they go race a ford and loose then they go and work on there car cause there is somthing wrong with it cause apparently its impossable for a ford to beat a chevy... and every chevy guy i talk to he allways says the sbc is the best motor you can buy and its the worlds most selling motor... the only reason it sells so much is cause they NEVER changed the parts in them... they interchang like crazy and i guess thats a good thing in some ways but i like what ford did... they had lots of diffrent motors and still kept some interchangeable parts in them.... now if you walk thru the pits at the track you dont just see ALL the same motor (chevy...) you can see a mix of stuff... lol... i realy want to buy a 3rd gen camaro but i dont want to be like EVERY other guy with a camaro so im thinking ill stick a 5.0 in it or a 4.6 in it... that will make me happy.... but i think ill just keep it a sbc because i dont want to have all the chevy guys come up to me at the track and say "why would you put that motor in there?" then i would say "cause i think its a better motor and i want to be diffrent" then he goes on and on about how chevy is better.... it will get old fast...

i think thats the most i have ever typed lol...

rant over...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

also if a ford motor in a chevy pisses them off i dont even think they would want to see this...

and btw i LOVE it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqtJTlXON8

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Even though I bleed Ford Blue, I must agree that the SBC is a great engine. They are light weight, compact (perfect for swaps) and have excellent stock head flow design. A lot of the swaps done are for that reason, plus, performance parts are cheap and plentiful. I'm glad that the 5.0L craze and the modern FOX body has brought about a popularity and new performance parts explosion for the Ford enthusiast.

That said, it never used to bother me when I saw a Chevy engine in an old pre-50's Ford car or truck. After all, I just considered them old cars who's primitive engines were swapped for modern power. It would, however, drive my dad absolutely NUTS! Now, I watch "PINKS" and see 60's, 70's and FOX body Mustangs with Chevy engines. I know that to the owners, those cars are just "old Fords" (just like I used to think of '32 Fords), but to ME they are new cars that were perfect just as Ford produced them!

Now I know how my Dad felt........................proof that I'm getting old(er), and that bothers me the most!

I still say there's NOTHING like healthy FE-block Ford. Except maybe a healthy Flathead.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Not a big fan of cross breed cars... as far as engines that is.
                    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Working...
                    X