Sad News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News!

I Was happy when i sold my Festiva to some other kid. he wanted something he said was a project. and my car being only good to run and drive with no parts i sold it for 100 bucks. Here is the sad part. He emailed me about 2 weeks after he bought it and said he flipped it and the rear suspension broke and the engine and trans blew at the same time. WOW. I hated to read that
    second place is the first loser!!!

That sucks...hes ok though?
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

yea he's perfectly fine. he thought it was the funniest thing ever lol. im not that upset though. the frame was too rusty to be able to drive

Comment

so he just bought it to destroy it? It's a shame that someone would do that. I actually saved mine from a kid that was trying to destroy it. Now i gotta fix it lol
        Tyler

Comment

nice. yea i am gonna wait untill i have a job and some more money and also a better place to store it before it get another festiva

Comment

its definatly worth it...I just got my festy insured and have been driving it for a total of 2 days and i already love it...as Arty would say im afflicted.
            Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by 88lx View Post
              I Was happy when i sold my Festiva to some other kid. he wanted something he said was a project. and my car being only good to run and drive with no parts i sold it for 100 bucks. Here is the sad part. He emailed me about 2 weeks after he bought it and said he flipped it and the rear suspension broke and the engine and trans blew at the same time. WOW. I hated to read that
              All I can say to that is :angry4::angry4::angry4:
              Originally posted by ShagFestiva View Post
              its definatly worth it...I just got my festy insured and have been driving it for a total of 2 days and i already love it...as Arty would say im afflicted.
              The illness has a very short incubation period, and it is not curable. Welcome to the affliction/addiction/whatever.:p

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                All I can say to that is :angry4::angry4::angry4:

The illness has a very short incubation period, and it is not curable. Welcome to the affliction/addiction/whatever.:p
                Ha just think they are only one festiva in - wait till they start multiplying in your yard/garage/barn/field/living room

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                92 GL - parts car
                97 aspire - parts car
                87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

^^rofl
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

haha...ill be the first to make a festiva recliner and put it in my living room. rofl
                    Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
                      Ha just think they are only one festiva in - wait till they start multiplying in your yard/garage/barn/field/living room
                      Glad that's never happened to me....
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

"Buying it to wreck it ..... "

When I bought my Festiva, I knew it was an insurance salvage case that had been fixed up from a deer strike and an ensuing scrape into a ditch and bank. The guy I bought it from had bought it from the insurance company and fixed it back to running condition.

But I didn't know how low it had gone!

Some kids (12-14 years old) were over at the house the other night for a get-together. I saw several of them standing around the Festiva, looking and pointing. One came over and asked "Is that your little car?" I said yes, and he said "That used to be my Grandad's car, I can still see where my cousin cut the back seat with his pocketknife a couple years ago and got whipped for it". I said "Oh yeah?" He said "Yeah, my Grandad hit a deer with it and it was wrecked. It sat out behind his barn with the windshield busted out, the fender off, and the hood buckled up. One back wheel was off of it, and another tire was flat. We got it started and drove it around in the woods and through the creek a couple times before Grandad had it hauled off to the junkyard ...."

And now here I am driving this stump-jumper on the highways and byways of Virginia, trusting my life to it! Runs great though (except for needing wheel bearings. Probably those rides through the creek did it?)

Lannis

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
                          ^^rofl
                          You think I Jest . . . I have car parts in the Bedroom, Utility Room, Dinning room, I do projects in the living room or Kitchen. Theres parts/cars in two different storage sheds the and two in the drive one under a trap with more parts stored in it and the other I drive
                          Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                          Glad that's never happened to me....
                          LOL Tom your not too far off lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                          92 GL - parts car
                          97 aspire - parts car
                          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

HA HA I love this forum!! but yea once i get a decent job i'll get another one and that one will be a street car not a racer. my first one was not in condition to drive on the road anymore. frame and floor was wasting away. and the rear control arms were almost rusted off lol. but it was an 88 so that is notorious

Comment

Originally posted by 88lx View Post
                              HA HA I love this forum!! but yea once i get a decent job i'll get another one and that one will be a street car not a racer. my first one was not in condition to drive on the road anymore. frame and floor was wasting away. and the rear control arms were almost rusted off lol. but it was an 88 so that is notorious
                              ummmm....no it's not
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X