Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a new (to me ofcourse) festiva!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a new (to me ofcourse) festiva!!

I got another festiva finally! it is a 93 L. i got it for $400 on craigslist in norristown. It has FMS springs and kyb struts all around. All new bushings and axel shafts in the front. it has slotted rotors in the front and the guy said it has j spec drums in the rear.(never heard of them). It has a short shifter in it already and custom door panels for 2 speakers in each and rear panels for 2 10in subwoofers in each. I need to put a head on it but i have one in the garage from my other car. It is red and i will post pictures of it as soon as i can get all the snow off of it. o yea i forgot it has a custom exhaust on it that appearanty(im sure i spelled it wrong) cost $650. It has a FMS header and a high flow cat on it. I cant wait to get it running. It also came with a flip out tv, a mitsu turbo, a momo steering wheel and e-brake handle he said he ordered from germany. I was so excited to get it. So do you guys and girls think i got a good deal?
    93 Festiva L White B6T
    99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
    89 Festiva Blue
    91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
    93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
    93 Festiva GL Green stock

ya i would say so. was he a member on here?
    1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
    1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
    1983 Chevy Elcamino
    1993 Ford Festiva GL
    2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
    some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?!?! That has GOT to be the deal of the decade!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

not sure if he was. he didnt want to get rid of it though. his name was rob. i needed to borrow money from my aunt cause i couldnt pass that deal up. now i need to sell my 95 camaro to pay her back. but im happy with it. i should have it fixed in the next week or two if i can scrounge up money for a head gasket and timing belt. cant wait to put up pictures of her. stupid snow!
        93 Festiva L White B6T
        89 Festiva Blue

Comment

I think you over paid. Good luck next time.

LOL! Nice score man!
          Oscar

Comment

$400.00 is what I paid for my no option, "plain as they come" '90 L

You got an excellent deal.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Nice score, I see that you plan on turbo'ing it later.. If you ever want to sell the FMS header let me know
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

pull the head and have it decked before reinstalling.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

do you think i will need to get it milled. i was going to have it checked before i put it on but i am low on money and im not sure how much it costs to do that
                  93 Festiva L White B6T
                  89 Festiva Blue

Comment

well at least check it, if it's out of spec, then deck it (you gon't no choice then) and have them take another .010" off for a little more compression.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ok thank you for the help. now if i could just find a turbo manifold i would be in good shape. i have 2 turbos laying around and im not sure which one to use yet.
                      93 Festiva L White B6T
                      89 Festiva Blue

Comment

Originally posted by HondaSlayer View Post
                        ok thank you for the help. now if i could just find a turbo manifold i would be in good shape. i have 2 turbos laying around and im not sure which one to use yet.

I'd sell one(turbo) to have your head decked($35), and buy your parts(timing belt) and such. My .02$
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

as soon as i figure out which one i want to use i will probly do that.
                          93 Festiva L White B6T
                          89 Festiva Blue

Comment

Great deal, man!

Just get her running and save your pennies for more work. Keep in mind something could go wrong and you'll need $$ for repairs/parts replacements.

Drive cheap now...turbo later.

Just my opinion.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                            X