No announcement yet.

Anyone use electronic rust protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use electronic rust protection?

ive always wonderded about the electronic rust protection kits. i know JC whitney has one and its a little pricey. but there are some on ebay too. i was wondering if anyone has tried them and has any input? my buddy did some research a while back and said some cars i think it was the srt4 came with them stock from the factory?

There was one on a car that I had about 10 years ago. Being on Colorado, cars don't rust. But this car had come from NY. I was SHOCKED at the limited amount of rust that it had for being a 10 year old car. I really don't think that it hurts to have. It still isn't a 100% cure.

Comment

I see them use them on those big car shows like musclecar so I mean that have to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
        my buddy did some research a while back and said some cars i think it was the srt4 came with them stock from the factory?
        It was an option
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I don't know about ERP for cars. I've seen lots of boats with big zinc plates bolted onto the hull. The anodic reaction with the (sea)water eats the zinc, not the hull & it's hardware.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

I kinda looked into them and the majority of the info on them I found said scam
            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

There was a really good test a while ago that I read...

They subjected a door that was cut in half vertically to a pressurized salt/water chamber.... One side had ERP the other side was just normal...

Both sides came out almost identical.

The only protection for rust is to be on the ball with fixing it. You see a tiny spot? FIX IT!

Comment

Remember rust never sleeps - Never messed with it, but if you study corrosion effects there is no indication that these things would work. I strongly suggest you research a little bit on corrosion effects and determine if the claims they make are logical. You'll be able to make you decision with knowledge and will wind up with money in your pocket and not in some sheister's pocket. BTW, Zinc is a metal used to prevent corrosion (as a sacrificial element).

Comment

Working...
                X