Festiva parts donations wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva parts donations wanted

Ok, folks, this being the holiday season, I thought I would post this now, while you all may be in the giving mood.

For those that don't know me well, I'm an automotive instructor at The Community College of Baltimore County in Maryland; www.ccbcmd.edu

I'm in charge of two programs here; the Comprehensive Automotive program and Automotive Collission Repair program. My request applies to the former.

I put forth a proposal to construct four engine-run stands for our automotive department (we have three other auto programs besides mine). The proposal outlined the use of a small displacement, belt driven OHC, distributor or coil pack ignition gasoline engine, and supporting components, such as required to construct a self-contained power unit.

Basically, I am constructing four stands with running engines, a starting and charging system, cooling system, and necessary support components.

In addition to this, the four engines will first be rebuilt in my engine rebuilding class, to be taught this coming summer.

Since we are a community college, we rely heavily on donations. Hence my plea.

I am seeking rebuildable EFI engines, manifolds-to-pan, along with all brackets, parts and wiring (including air meters and ECMs), to build these run stands. I am also seeking damaged manual transaxles. All I really need is the half of the case that bolts to the engine. I don't need any internals.

Now, being a community college, we operate as a non-profit organization. For your donations, I can offer you a Letter Of Receipt Of Charitable Donation, to be used to your advantage come tax-time. I can offer a value of a $300 for complete engines, $200 for bare engines, and $100 for a transaxle.

Please bear in mind, the engines need to be REBUILDABLE. Smoking, low power, light ticking noises are no problem. A rod hanging out the side IS a problem. However, spare heads, cranks, rods, blocks, etc., are always welcome, too. I can write a receipt fitting of whatever useable items can be donated.

I'm hoping for donations from the Mid-Atlantic area first, to minimize travel, but i can pick up donations at OhioStiva also.

I can be reached at jdeangelis@ccbcmd.edu

Thanks to all who can help in any way, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!
    Last edited by FB71; 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

i beleive i have an aspire motor but getting it to you wouldn't be cheap

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Jim, i got what you need (all of what you need actually... for at least 1 complete stand+) and can be had at my spring strip party. give me a more detailed list and i'll see what i can pull together.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Jim - I have a motor in the parts car that I can pull for you - You got my number.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Jim, have multiple engines, but will be short of ECM, VAF, and coils.
          I do not know there state of repair/disrepair.
          But they are close.
          You got my number.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I have an engine with a bad crank keyway you can have.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

I have two B3's, one with low compression but running fine (was in pre-swapped Skeeter) and the other I was told has a cracked block, but I haven't looked over it much myself. Would be good for parts at least and I'm so tired of looking at it I was just talking about throwing it away earlier today. Also have two completely disassembled aspire tranies that had bad diffs.

I should be able to spare a coil and ECM or two as well, though I don't think I have any distys or wiring harnesses avail.

If you feel like a trip to the mid-Virginian region at some point let me know, and you can help me clean out the garage I have too much stock crap taking up room that I need for other projects!
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i have a couple (2 i think) ecm's you can have if you need them.
                1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                1983 Chevy Elcamino
                1993 Ford Festiva GL
                2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

I can give you one but I want it back after its rebuilt, lol.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                  X