94 chevy lumina 3.1 wont run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 chevy lumina 3.1 wont run?

Hi all, okay so here is my problem my parents have a 1994 chevy lumina v6 3.1. for about a month while driving it it would just have a random miss, then all of a sudden while driving it it would just quit we would have to put it in nutural then restart it. well the whole time we were trying to figure out what the problem was first we changed the ignition control module(didnt fix the problem), then all of a sudden yesterday it was warming up in the driveway and it just quit running, when you would try to start it it would backfire out of the intake, and act like the timing was way off. I unhooked the neg. battery cable went inside and about a hour later I hooked it back up and it started fine and idled fine, but as soon as I touched the gas it died and then resumed the above, (wouldnt start), so me thinking that it was the ecm I got one from a running lumina and hooked it up it started fine and idled perfect, then I hit the gas and it spitt and sputtered horrably then died the same as above(with a known to be good ecm). this is the part where I ask what do you think it is, my next choice is either the fuel pressure regulator, or maybe a sensor? any help is appreciated -Daniel

p.s. this is our only vehicle so by it not running is making getting to work hard (4 people 4 different jobs)
    1991 stiva.

Any "service engine soon" light??

Comment

Throttle Position Sensor?
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Intake manifold gaskets.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
          Intake manifold gaskets.
          That's a GOOD possibilty.

Comment

They are of crappy design. I changed a few sets in my day on 3400's.
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

cam position sensor.....
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Mass Airflow Sensor?
                1991 Festiva EFI
                Papabug

Comment

no check engine lights. and on the other things I guess ill test and check.
                  1991 stiva.

Comment

okay, so I replaced the intake, plenium,and valve cover gaskets today. same problem im running out of ideas , coil packs maybe?
                    1991 stiva.

Comment

replaced coil packs, ignition module, and map sensor,....... still wont start thinking the crank reference sensor? what do you all think I should go next -Daniel
                      1991 stiva.

Comment

changed crank reference sensor it starts but still misses......so then replaced fuel pump and still missing
                        1991 stiva.

Comment

Working...
                        X