Gonna be out for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be out for a while

Well couldnt get that bolt out of the valve cover and then the oil pan gets cracked so I;m gonna be out of the game for a few months. I know it dont seem like much but with honestly no spare time, I cant be wrenching this car back to life. Not to mention the brakes going. The shops want anywhere from 600 - 1000 just to get the bolt out and a new oil pan. I had a bite on a 89 auto but it looked and felt horrible. I'll be getting another festiva by march but in the mean time will be slowly but surely wrenching on my festiva. It just sucks that things were going good and then this happens. 1 broken bolt turns into 5 then aa cracked oil pan then the brakes going maybe even the tierods. Everyone wants the thing gone but it aint that big of a fix, its just time comsuming, especially for someone that is busy. I guess it'll be a few months to get another festiva, Idk why but I want an auto. I will be starting this project in late jan.. Guess it'll be called "Project FML"

It would be cheaper for you to buy me a ticket and have me come fix your car!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Good luck getting it fixed
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

AA cracked the pan? they should be paying for a new one (that's why they're insured...)
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          AA cracked the pan? they should be paying for a new one (that's why they're insured...)
          X2!! if a shop broke somehting on my car i would re-fuse to pay for them to fix what they broke

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

sorry not AA, I just meant a. It was wierd, how it mysteriously cracked. Now that I had a few hours to soak it in, I dont feel that bad. It still is a great car yah know. Anyways Happy new years guys and I'll talk to yall later.

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
              sorry not AA, I just meant a. It was wierd, how it mysteriously cracked. Now that I had a few hours to soak it in, I dont feel that bad. It still is a great car yah know. Anyways Happy new years guys and I'll talk to yall later.

collegeboi -- I just tried to call you to see what exactly happened. We are on your island now, and I did find a for sale Festiva over in Maui, got to look at it even. Had just a bit of rust on the door pillar, of all places, but very salvagable and driving...he wanted $1200, but got it sold he told me this morning. For near what he wanted he says.
              I thought about you, and called him to find out on it again. But sold !

Anyway, it was a good driver, and just wanted to let you know about it, sorry too late. I had found it on CL when there last week visiting daughter. Here for another week to see the sights. I really am surprised there are so many cars and traffic over here, wow ! Looks like surfboards, Toyota and Honda country. I did see 2 other Festivas in Maui, but they were going the opposite way. Wife does not like it when I turn around to chase cars......... HA :king:
              Love the surf and the waves, the beaches and history here !!

I also met a shop owner who is the 2'nd owner of a '46 Ford woodie, and for sale ...only wants $75,000 ! :jerk:

mjd

Comment

Yeah, gas is really expensive in HI, so cars that get great mileage will sell for more. Plus there's only a limited availability there--not like you can just drive over to the next state to buy one.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If you were close by I'd give you a good oil pan for free..
                  -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                  -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                  -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                  X