Need another Festi :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need another Festi :(

Hey, I'm sad to report my festivas been crushed. After a few weeks of non-stop fighting with my dad about giving me back my license plates after he pulled them from an accident, it wasn't even bad enough to call an accident though..i slid into a caravans wheel on ice, popped the hubcap off, but he was paying my insurance so..anyways, i ended up doing something really stupid, taking off from my house in my unplated car, and he followed me to my girlfriends house, and took my keys..told me to empty it out because he as scrapping it the next morning. I know i shouldn't have taken off with it, but him scraping my first car, that he had no money into besides paying my insurance, i bought the car and paid for parts, was taking this too far i think..so when i decide to go back home lol, I'm gonna see about how much work my trucks gonna be to put on the road.

Re: Need another Festi

Originally posted by ryan26
    Hey, I'm sad to report my festivas been crushed. After a few weeks of non-stop fighting with my dad about giving me back my license plates after he pulled them from an accident, it wasn't even bad enough to call an accident though..i slid into a caravans wheel on ice, popped the hubcap off, but he was paying my insurance so..anyways, i ended up doing something really stupid, taking off from my house in my unplated car, and he followed me to my girlfriends house, and took my keys..told me to empty it out because he as scrapping it the next morning. I know i shouldn't have taken off with it, but him scraping my first car, that he had no money into besides paying my insurance, i bought the car and paid for parts, was taking this too far i think..so when i decide to go back home lol, I'm gonna see about how much work my trucks gonna be to put on the road.
    That's terrible!!!

Too bad your dad was an ass about it.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

How long have you been driving?
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Your Dad is a bitch. If my Dad did that, I'd kick his ass.
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

One thing to remember here is that we are only hearing part of one side of the story. Maybe there was already a policy in place that if he drove the car without plates (which is not too smart in the first place) then he loses the car. Maybe he called his dad's bluff and it wasn't a bluff after all.

And Fred... you'd be losing more than your car at my house with that attitude :!:

Just my 2cents worth

Ian
          Dad of 7!

92 GL Sport
          Calgary
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I'd love to kick my dad's ass too.

Unfortunately, I was raised to respect my elders and won't do it as a result.

Regards,

Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I know driving unplated was stupid, but no there was no policy between me and my dad saying anything about driving unplated, lol, i never thought that the subject would ever come up..

Comment

tell your dad it would be better to sell it here. that way it'll at least get into good hands.

where do you live?
                "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                When we drive Festivas
                I could go a hundred miles an hour
                Long as I got the Almighty Power
                With my plastic Jesus
                Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Ask him to sell it and give the money to charity or something.

It's not nice to waste Festivas!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Who's name is the title in? If it is in your name, then you can stay he stole, because you certainly did not give him permission.
                    The Festiva Store
                    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid
                      Who's name is the title in? If it is in your name, then you can stay he stole, because you certainly did not give him permission.
                      What a lovely way to improve a son-dad relationship!
                      I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

if the car was in my name, id be phoning the police. but i wouild also find a new place to live, fight fire with fire.
                        1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
                        89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
                        and bring some timing too........

Comment

The car was in his name, i planned on changing it over the week after he took my plates so he had absolutely no say in it at all, and id end up paying insurance, money-wise it was not his car, but it was in his name for insurance. I was going to call the only wrecking yard here with a crusher, and ask if they crushed it, and if they said yes id ask if he was carded, and inform them it was mine, because I'm almost certain a wrecking yard wouldn't card a guy dropping off a car. But, if it did get scrapped, there's nothing i can do about it. I'm still pretty pissed, and have been asking him for rides everywhere to show how i can double his gas use without a car of my own lol

Comment

Working...
                          X