help !!!ball joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help !!!ball joints

any body know were to get new ball joint for a 94 festiva gl .my parts store say good luck.in need of one bad! many be two of them.the wheel is plum off the car ,shaf and all :violent1:..info is nice and helpful

Festiva Motorsport carrys them (Festivamotorsport.com). And Ebay is a great place for these parts too.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by shewy71 View Post
      any body know were to get new ball joint for a 94 festiva gl .my parts store say good luck.in need of one bad! many be two of them.the wheel is plum off the car ,shaf and all :violent1:..info is nice and helpful
      take a moment to add your location to your profile, will save questions in the future...never know, someone may be around you that can help.

Being you said 94 either you are out of the US or made a mistake on the year?
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

sounds like the parts store guy doesnt know too much. the ball joint is made into the lower control arm. try asking for a lower control arm. both sides are identical.

Comment

^^ What he said. The lower control arm/ ball joint is a one piece unit. Ask for LCAs and they should have what you need.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Yeah, looks like you got an idiot parts guy. Usually the most experienced people work at parts places on weekdays, during the day not evenings. Seniority = better shifts.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
              take a moment to add your location to your profile, will save questions in the future...never know, someone may be around you that can help.

Being you said 94 either you are out of the US or made a mistake on the year?
              i did miss type 93..location newark,ohio

Comment

Not sure who your local parts place is, but here's two parts numbers from Autozone's website. Also know for a fact you can get them from Carquest and Advance.

Parts Numbers- 10779 or FA4026
                Both of those are Duralast Part Numbers.

Oh, and Welcome to FF.COM
                Last edited by batstiva; 01-01-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shewy71 View Post
                  i did miss type 93..location newark,ohio
                  Ok...cool...then there should be no problem getting the parts you need. Bat man posted some part numbers....ask for lower control arms when you go to the parts store.
                  There are kits for sale on ebay all the time....all the parts you need in one package for like 100 bucks.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

If all else fails, as Geneva said, there's always ebay.

http://tinyurl.com/ya9sp4d

Comment

Working...
                    X