Ended the year with a "bang"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ended the year with a "bang"

On the way home yesterday, I heard a loud "bang" and my Festy started jumping around...
    a front blow out! No big deal to change. Now I gotta find the ever elusive 12" tires or find 13" wheels that fit or do the Aspire upgrade....decisions, decisions!! Darn tires had enough tread to last another year probably! I wasn't prepared to face this right after the holidays.

Maybe I should pull it off the road...motor is pretty smokey at this point also.

Motor and suspension swap time? I still have a F150, Comp Prep SVO Mustang (never drive, garage queen!) and Jeep Cherokee I can drive....what do you think?
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Double bypass time, (new motor and suspension)....lol
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Too bad your not closer, I have several good mismatched 12" tires that I would give you. It would cost more to ship one than buying a new tire. I know...........I'll trade you a good set of (4) 12" Khumo's-with rims AND factory trim rings-for your SVO! What do you think?
      I'll even throw in the rest of the car!
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

did you end the year with a bang or did you start the year with a bang... think about it... lol...

the aspire swap is well worth it... it makes the drive so much better, and IF you have to slow down quick it helps alot.... i havnt hit a single thing with my car but i have a coupple close calls with animals running out in front of me and if i didnt have the aspire swap i may have hit them...

motor swap i think will be worth it... (ill let you know when im done mine )

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Kraig, Tirerack.com has a couple different 12" tires available. They have 145/12 and 165/70/12.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

i have spares as well (that you can have), and i'm not too far away!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Get two 13" Metro wheels with acceptable tires from the JY. They are the perfect cheap steelie upgrade. Put them on the front only. Your other good 12" front tire can now be your spare. As long as all four tires, 12" and 13", have an 80 profile, there won't be any handling issues. Of course you can use Metro 12" wheels too.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I think I have some 12s still in the garage. I don't have anything to put them on so you can just have them.
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Thanks Joe! Can you PM me your phone number?
                  1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)

Comment

Pm sent I'm heading over to garage soon ill check and see what all I have.
                    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

what size 12s you running ?? I can check out the pile behind my girlfriends shed, not perfect maybe but will get you back on the road.
                      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Mike,
                        155R12....

Comment

both still holding air too.. They are yours if you want them.

Last edited by NovaSS; 01-03-2010, 11:56 AM.
                          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Kraig you have a PM.
                            money pit

Comment

I obviously haven't checked my PMs lately...lol!! I thought fordfestiva.com used to send you an email when have a PM?

Comment

Working...
                              X