A former member in hospital...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
    you're never a "former memeber" here... just a memeber without a Festiva at the moment!!! I don't know the fella, but tell him we all wish hime the best!
    Make sure he knows that - no festiva just means you have to read what others are doing and file them for future use

He's always welcome - I've had many good conversations with him in the past

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
      you're never a "former memeber" here... just a memeber without a Festiva at the moment!!! I don't know the fella, but tell him we all wish hime the best!
      +1000000

It's like a biker gang, once you're in you're never out

Wishing the best for him and a speedy recovery.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

fb 71 is correct you are never a former member here

Comment

^^ Correct. Even if you are between Festivas, you are still a member. Whether you like it or not.

Glad to hear he's making progress. Hopefully he'll be up and around very soon.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Update

I visited Jim and his wife Liesa tonight. I passed along all your greetings (printed them out and left them with Jim) and they both wanted me to let you know how much they are appreciated.

Jim is slowly getting back feeling in his feet and fingers but still has a long way to go. He is sitting up a lot more and can spend up to an hour in his wheel chair, too much longer than that and he starts to feel dizzy and light headed. All things considered he is in pretty good spirits and there's nothing wrong with his sense of humor!

Here's the link again to the Facebook group Liesa started.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Thanks again for your greetings and wishes for recovery.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

A long overdue update

Jim has finally been released from the hospital!!!! Dec 31 2009 to June 17 2010 is a really long time. Still has quite a way to go in his recovery and much of the future will be managing his condition.

He and Leisa have had to sell the condo they were in (22 stairs and no elevator didn't work well with a wheelchair or limited mobility) and they now have a place that Jim can get to.

The facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...d=256456037418)is still up and running for anyone who wants an update.

I've had coffee with Jim and Leisa a couple of times in the last couple of months and Jim is doing remarkably well all things considered.

I'll keep you posted.... maybe I can talk Leisa into driving out to Westiva on the 10th!
              Last edited by fastivaca; 06-19-2010, 10:44 PM.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

This is good news!!!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Ian that link didn't work for me.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

This one did.
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                    X