No announcement yet.

I am in LOVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MJD, to be honest, I'm only recently putting money away en mass, due primarily to the economy and all the "financial unrest."

On the other hand, in the past five to ten years, I've grown awfully fond of not having a car payment! Yes, I could go in debt on a new or newer car, but then I realize I'd be wasting it on depreciation and something I really don't need.

I did see a nice looking '04 Kia Rio on CL the other day. It was around $3200 and seemed like a good deal. However, buying it would deplete my savings too much.

I'll probably wait until the spring to look for an '01 or '02 Rio with a bad engine. Then I'll put in the larger 1.6, or even a B8 or BP, if possible. It'd make a nice tow car.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
      MJD, to be honest, I'm only recently putting money away en mass, due primarily to the economy and all the "financial unrest."

On the other hand, in the past five to ten years, I've grown awfully fond of not having a car payment! Yes, I could go in debt on a new or newer car, but then I realize I'd be wasting it on depreciation and something I really don't need.

I did see a nice looking '04 Kia Rio on CL the other day. It was around $3200 and seemed like a good deal. However, buying it would deplete my savings too much.

Karl

Karl -- I know what you mean, having no car payments, seems like you pay each payment, and interest ....while your car is losing value, ugh ! Then what do you do if you really need to get rid of it, or stop those nagging payments ??
      Dad used to tell me, it is a lot easier to get into debt, than to get out !

I kinda like the Kia Rio sedan, always like the sedans. Recently a private caring sales person had a new one with 400 miles on it, in that burnt orange color ? Beautiful looking, for 11,400. Lot less than new ones that the Kia dealer in Billings Mt. where we sometimes go. I know it was an auction car that dealers always have, but this local salesman is a trusty friend, and he knows what honest customers are looking for. I always have liked the Rios, the Toyota Echo, Hyundai Accent, stuff like that.
      But the Metros and Festivas I still look for, the taken care of ones that is !

Oh, this car habit !! :toothy9:

Thanks all for your comments people,

Comment

Working...
      X