2011 Mustang GT has 5.0L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Mustang GT has 5.0L

This is getting crazy, but I love it. 412HP N/A. Ford finally answered our prayers for more HP to compete with the new Camaro & Challenger, and it doesn't even need forced induction to do it.

Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

+1 for Ford. Gotta love the 5.0.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'm a big fan of "old school", but I really do love the look of that new engine.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
      In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

very nice, wish they had a pic with the valve cover off
        03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
        92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
        92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Looks like they copied the early SHO design, as far as looks anyway.

Last edited by NovaSS; 01-03-2010, 12:41 PM.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
            Looks like they copied the early SHO design, as far as looks anyway.
            It does, except I don't think it has (2) runners per cylinder like the SHO did. There were some proto-type intakes a few years back (for the old 2V Modular) that looked similar. They had an adjustable plenum over each bank to shorten/lengthen the runners to fine tune for RPM. I would guess that the introduction of the 3V motor with VVT in '05 makes multiple runner intakes "old technology".

I just went to the Ford website and they're advertising the new 2011 Mustang with a 300HP V6 and 30MPG! The advances made over the last 5 years (from all car companies) never ceases to amaze me. We can thank the Japanese competition for that. Free market at work.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

I also think the plenum on the 2011 is in the middle , not on the sides like the SHO. So its just shows they liked the look of the design
              money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Might be time to trade in the Explorer!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

I saw the story yesterday but not the pics..wow, not the old 302 by any stretch is it? They didn't need the new engine, the current Mustang beats the new Camaro and Challenger in almost every car mag test I have seen. The V6 gets ribbed for being old...it dates to the early 70's 2.6 Capri, bored to 2.8 and then a whopping 4.0 for the Explorer in 1990. Then they redesigned it a few years back and it got some serious power. I think it runs zero to 60 in like 7 seconds. That would be great for even 1992. Today we are spoiled brats! New Vettes do it in 3.2 seconds. I mean really..who ever needs to get to 60 THAT quickly? Today most cars..even econoboxes do it in 10 seconds or quicker. That is faster than a Smokey and The Bandit 77 four speed Firebird with a 400 cu inc engine! The new Fiesta is said to do it in "only" 10 seconds. Well, that is as good as said Firebird! How times have changed!

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                    Might be time to trade in the Explorer!
                    what do you mean might?
                    -Caleb
                    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I want it!!!!
                      it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

very nice
                        1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                        1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                        1983 Chevy Elcamino
                        1993 Ford Festiva GL
                        2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                        some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                          I also think the plenum on the 2011 is in the middle , not on the sides like the SHO. So its just shows they liked the look of the design
                          I think your right. I assumed it was a split plenum, but it probably has just a single located between the heads like every other Modular. Why does everyone have to put a plastic cover over the engine now? I like the exposed blower look of the new Shelbys.
                          You have to admit, nothing competes with the classics:
                          Brian

Comment

Gotta love the old yamaha motor! (SHO)
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Since this is basicly the only "Ford" forum i'm on. I got to ask, Is anyone else not liking the rear of the new Mustang?
                              96 Pontiac Firehawk # 48.. 383 stroker
                              81 Buick Regal Limited
                              65 Chevrolet Corvar Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X