No announcement yet.

Brand-spankin-new to the Festiva game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand-spankin-new to the Festiva game.

Well, theres a guy down the road from me who has 6 Festivas sitting out front and I have decided to buy one. I would like to know what to look for when buying one. I know the basic stuff, half shafts, ball joints, any spooky noises, ect. What's the mileage cap on these things? Anything unusual things to look for? Also I happen to have a couple of heated seats out of an Audi A4. Should I put those in? I look forward to buying parts and bothering you guys with questions.

PS: Im going to post the pictures of all the Festivas this guy has on this thread so stay tuned kids.

Good talk.

'Sauce

Remember: No matter how bad life gets, there's always beer.

Current vehicles:
    1998 Ducati 900 Monster
    1984 Honda Odyssey FL250 (not a minivan)
    1986 Mazda RX7
    And coming soon, a festiva (Project name: Plaidstiva)

Originally posted by sauce View Post
    Well, theres a guy down the road from me who has 6 Festivas sitting out front and I have decided to buy one. I would like to know what to look for when buying one. I know the basic stuff, half shafts, ball joints, any spooky noises, ect. What's the mileage cap on these things? Anything unusual things to look for? Also I happen to have a couple of heated seats out of an Audi A4. Should I put those in? I look forward to buying parts and bothering you guys with questions.

PS: Im going to post the pictures of all the Festivas this guy has on this thread so stay tuned kids.

Good talk.

'Sauce
    welcome ! if u can figure out a way to put those seats in and they dont interfere with shifting then go for it. a good running festiva with a 5spd gets easily 40+ mpg's.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Its hard to get a mileage cap on these cars considering I've seen them with over 300k miles on them, you seem to know what your looking for though. If its cheap and has a spoiler and passenger side underseat tray then you have a winner for sure as those are the high dollar items on here.

As for the Audi S4 seats, go for it! I'd love to see some ultra luxury seats in a Festiva, dunno how people would get in the backseat though.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Psh, if you've got S4 seats, then anyone not lucky enough to call shotgun should be forced to crawl through the back hatch anyway.

If he's got 6 Festivas, you should ask him if he's on this site. Chances are good.
        -Caleb
        Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I've looked, and I dont see him, hes out of Lufkin, and he has a little place that has a bunch of mustangs and festivas. Oh, and no one is getting in the back because Im pulling the rear seats so I can haul tools. Plus, I dont like to be the local taxi for my friends, haha. Im thinking after I get the car its going to start to take form as high luxury festiva (is that a oxy-moron, luxury festiva?). Make it comfortable for two people and some gear because I like to travel long distances. And I think I'll paint it plaid, haha. Im planning on going over there this week sometime. And I will post the pictures of his rides. Thanks for not flaming me, all the other forums Im apart of tend to flame the new comers.

Current vehicles:
          1998 Ducati 900 Monster
          1986 Mazda RX7

Comment

He said A4 seats, not quite the same as the S4 seats (unless they are the sport option upgraded seats). Are they power seats too? If they are, I would sell them and get something lighter. They are comfortable but too darn heavy.
            Oscar

Comment

I actually like the sound of your plan. The only change I would make is only painting the roof and mirrors plaid, but other than that, rock it man.

The only time people get flamed around here is if they don't search or revive a thread that's waaaay old, but even then it's more like "c'mon man, you can't look first?" rather than "you're such an idiot, get out!". Probably has a lot to do with the kind of people that are into Festivas.

Originally posted by perucho View Post
              He said A4 seats, not quite the same as the S4 seats (unless they are the sport option upgraded seats).
              Whoops.. well, even still, A4 seats are pretty comfortable.
              Last edited by pr0nst4r; 01-05-2010, 05:11 PM.
              -Caleb
              Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
              So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by sauce View Post
                Thanks for not flaming me, all the other forums Im apart of tend to flame the new comers.
                Yep, just stop going to a Cressida site because they flamed me for having a stock car, the jerks. No, we don't do that unless you don't use the search option for wheels.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

Yeah, they are all power seats with heat. I figure Im going to be dropping a bit of weight removing the rear seat so I can afford an extra 100 lbs or so. And I plan on rigging those suckers up to be fully operational. They've just been sitting around and I need something to do with them. I was going to put them in my girlfriends jetta, but now shes an ex, so you know how that goes. Yeah, I like that idea making the top a different colour like a mini. That would look fresh. Plus Im thinking of welding panels over the rear wing windows, give it that "panel truck" look. Plus it will reduce drag, haha. Has anyone ever attempted that before?

Current vehicles:
                  1998 Ducati 900 Monster
                  1986 Mazda RX7

Comment

Most of the panel truck Festivas I've seen were just painted windows, I'd like to see one with actual welded in things.
                    Current cars:

Comment

Yeah, I just figured since I can weld and metal fab, I should be able to pull off a simple quadrilateral shape and weld the sucker in. Maybe a massive moon roof out of a truck would be neat too. Look at me, Im getting all carried away again.

Current vehicles:
                      1998 Ducati 900 Monster
                      1986 Mazda RX7

Comment

Welcome to FF.com. I've been wanting to do a panel for awhile now. Heres a picture of one.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

Man, I wish the picture was better res, but I like the look of it. If I could use photo shop I would totally shop up my idea. I work for a guy who sells steel so I can get my hands on some 16ga cheap and weld it in, with some inner cross bracing for rigidity. Is that how you are doing yours?

Current vehicles:
                          1998 Ducati 900 Monster
                          1986 Mazda RX7

Comment

I stole the pic off Craigslist. But yes that is how I want to do mine. I was planning on making some interior panels to give it a finished look. Then on the back I was going to install a set of louvers without the spoiler. I plan on lowering the car and adding moon racing discs.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Aww, moons are awesome. I put moons on my old focus before the car exploded. Im thinking black steeleys with a chome center cap like the crown vic cop cars for the rims. If you had to picture what I wanna do, the car is going to be black with a green/blue/black plaid roof. Im going to get that done in vinyl wrap. Interior wise I have to check the car out and talk to one of my upholstry buddies for ideas. I wanna make this thing very pretty. Maybe sell it to puff daddy or something, haha

Current vehicles:
                              1998 Ducati 900 Monster
                              1986 Mazda RX7

Comment

Working...
                              X