what to buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    I'd pay off the focus and then use some on your festy.
    that would be the responsible thing to do , but im not responsible lol.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      I'd pay off the focus and then use some on your festy.
      Best advice.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

i have a 300zx non-turbo, t-tops, 20" rims, i want to sell :lol:
        Last edited by Damkid; 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

t-top fiero with a 3800sc motor, im not a fan of gm but i love fieros and i think thats a good summer ride!

Comment

3000GT SL leather loaded. New tires. Fresh tune up. Aftermarket stereo, with sub and amp.

140k miles, runs great, cold a/c......
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I would look for a classic......something that will increase in value. For example, about 9 years ago I had a chance to buy a very straight, rust free '70 Mustang Mach I with a strong running 351W/4 speed. It belonged to a guy who used it for a daily driver in the summer. It needed some TLC and a paint job, but mechanically it was great. He needed to get rid of it to make space for a project car he just bought. He offered it to me for $3000, which at the time was about right. I was stupid and didn't jump on it. If I had, it would be worth 5X that price now, if not more.

You could buy a late model Mustang, Subaru, or whatever, BUT you really don't have enough to buy a really nice or low mileage one. Plus, the value of any late model car will only decline in the next 10 years. Get a really nice older car that will appreciate rather than a so-so newer car that will depreciate.

I would investigate the non-traditional collector cars. Not a Mustang or Camaro, but something like a '69 thru '76 big block Torino, 60's Fairlane, Comet, Falcon, Maverick Grabber or a '70s Chevelle, Nova, Chevy II, a '73 Charger or Satellite, a Dodge Demon or Dart, etc.. Some of these can still be found in reasonable driver shape for the money you have to spend. As the vintage Mustangs, Camaros & Challengers get out of normal people's price range, these other cars have begun to take off in value. Even nice original 4-eye Fox body Mustangs ('79 thru '86) have shot up in price since most have been totally thrashed by now. Any late '60s to early '70s convertible would be good. You should be able find some decent drivable specimens for the money you have. If you want foreign, then look for an early Mazda Rotary (RX2, RX3 or RX4) that is in nice original shape, or even an MG.
              I would spend some time on EBay to get an idea of what cars are out there and what you can get for your money.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Here's some advice:
                Pay off debts
                Summer ride- Get a bike
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

1. Work on debts
                  2. Date a cougar (summer ride)
                  3. Perhaps Cougar work on debts?
                  4. Profit
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by fattie View Post
                    i thinkin mustang gt ! anyone no about these ?
                    What do you want to know? What year are you thinking about?
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                      1. Work on debts
                      2. Date a cougar (summer ride)
                      3. Perhaps Cougar work on debts?
                      4. Profit
                      1. good idea
                      2. summer ride
                      3. great idea, but that makes you even more of a boy-toy
                      4. FTW!
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

well heres the full story i couldnt talk about it till it was over. i work for this building company , right now im doing this job in a basement cleaning it out. the owner said we could have whatever we found becuase it was all going to the dump. i found 42 paintings by an artist named francis draper. the owner of the boston art club or something bought them from me for 7000 dollars. i split it with my grandfather because he did all the work , searching and such. so i got 3500 and im gunna save it for the move down south. i did test drive a 98 mustang gt and it was pretty wild but i decided to save for the move. thanks for the help.
                        05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Originally posted by fattie View Post
                          well heres the full story i couldnt talk about it till it was over. i work for this building company , right now im doing this job in a basement cleaning it out. the owner said we could have whatever we found becuase it was all going to the dump. i found 42 paintings by an artist named francis draper. the owner of the boston art club or something bought them from me for 7000 dollars. i split it with my grandfather because he did all the work , searching and such. so i got 3500 and im gunna save it for the move down south. i did test drive a 98 mustang gt and it was pretty wild but i decided to save for the move. thanks for the help.
                          That's awesome! Congrats!
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                          X