Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?? how do you tell the difference between a b3, b6 and b6t ecu ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? how do you tell the difference between a b3, b6 and b6t ecu ??

i know you guys know but im clueless
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Aha Ha Ha Ha!:evil4:
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
      Aha Ha Ha Ha!:evil4:
      uh oh, did i do something wrong?
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

i believe he's waiting for Monsoon to chime in here....

to get the car running, you can use the B3 (factory) ecu. for better performance, the B6 ecu should be swapped in. dont' worry about a B6t ecu, as they're harder to find, and don't have the same plug-ins.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

There is sticker on the ECU

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            i believe he's waiting for Monsoon to chime in here....
            I dont really have anything to contribute to this thread. I mean I suppose I could throw this out there..

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
            There is sticker on the ECU
            But I think this answer covers it pretty good. Sarcastic though it may be.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

ha ha i guess ill just have to look at it myself because the dude who sold me the motor has several ecu's and i was just trying to be prepaired so i could grab the rite one i guess i should thank god that arty is coming with me to hold my hand on this one

Comment

There are 2 & 3 plug versions of both ecu's, you probably want the 2 plug
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                  There are 2 & 3 plug versions of both ecu's, you probably want the 2 plug
                  ahh some real info thanks, also someone said i should swap the air flow sensor any thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                    ahh some real info thanks
                    Information that would have been yours had you made any effort to search the engine swap section.
                    Festyboy, since you'll be doing this swap for bobbyspider show him were the cap key is?
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Sorry I did search also and nothing came up for ecu or ecm i guess i did it wrong or something.

Comment

You need the b6 vaf if you are using the b6 injectors.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Greg, are you surmising that the B6 VAF shows a different value for the same volume/mass of air? doesn't make muche sense to me that mazda would change the values between .3L of displacement.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have the b6 ecu and vaf now thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X