X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is correct on the 93 GL looking at my orig window sticker,
    the rear window defroster was 170.00
    and the miserable leaking, noisy, factory "flip up/open air roof 243.00.
    destination 295.00
    only took me 118,000 miles to finally fix leaking factory air roof after 2 dealer tries.
    cheers
    Last edited by 415mgg; 09-13-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

can someone please tell me what overseas models had the electric seatbelts please as i have an australian 1991 Ford Festiva 5 door and want to put them into it as i think it would be rather cool to have that feature.

Also i want to know what size the roof liner is so that way i can do a complete swap and have it uniform but also i need to know what size the 1991 Ford Festiva 5 door WA model is?
      Last edited by jawbraeka; 02-21-2012, 10:05 AM.
      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km
      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

eddie bauer edition

ok check it out i just bought an 88 ford festiva eddie bauer edition i have no idea if such a thing even exists but it looks right it is an 88 with stick gold interior factory red and gold paint like the eddie bauers what i wanna know is it real? or is it some made up junk and some dude put a bunch of money into it it has an electric sunroof and power mirrors the mirrors i know are factory for a fact the seats have a goldish vinyl on the sides and the top is fabric and is a whitish tan color the headliner is a white color the numbers on the gage are yellow would really like to know if the car is the real deal or a fake and i need facts fellas i might have a one of a kind on my hands

Comment

I've never heard of it, but I am not the one to ask, lol......:p

Comment

Post some pics
            New build on the way .

Comment

is there a spreadsheet like that that lists all the 'optional and rare options" floating around somewhere at all.. as in what countries offered special features like electric aerial, cup holders (if any), dash case (i have seen ONE once in a photo on the internet) and the like?

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

if anyone is interested, i found this on the Japanese yahoo auction site

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Two catalogs on the different features of the festiva and how to customize it as well.

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

also found this too.

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Probably needs translating to english though and could be quite valuable in the long run.

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

That auction is up today.

500.00 JPY = 6.39018 USD

It's only shipping thats killer!

Too bad this manual is not available in electronic format.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-09-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                      can someone please tell me what overseas models had the electric seatbelts please as i have an australian 1991 Ford Festiva 5 door and want to put them into it as i think it would be rather cool to have that feature.

Also i want to know what size the roof liner is so that way i can do a complete swap and have it uniform but also i need to know what size the 1991 Ford Festiva 5 door WA model is?
                      You would actually want something like that? American Festys had electric belts and, luckily, Canadian ones didn't. I loathe the whole concept of a car 'buckling me up' instead of my deciding when to 'buckle up'. Try opening your car door at low speed just to pick up a newspaper (or something like that) some time, and then tell me how much you like those automatic belts. Luckily no one makes them anymore (my experience was with an auto seatbelt 94 Saturn) because they were a GD nuisance. And the whole idea of 20 years later of wanting to repair/service replace one to me is like volunteering to have your teeth pulled.

Comment

Now didn't the L models not come with rear speakers? I saw an article somewhere where only the higher trimmed models had them.
                        Which would explain why there wasn't any rear speakers in my 91'L when I bought it.
                        I had originally thought someone in the past had removed them from the car and never re installed them.

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                        You would actually want something like that? American Festys had electric belts and, luckily, Canadian ones didn't. I loathe the whole concept of a car 'buckling me up' instead of my deciding when to 'buckle up'. Try opening your car door at low speed just to pick up a newspaper (or something like that) some time, and then tell me how much you like those automatic belts. Luckily no one makes them anymore (my experience was with an auto seatbelt 94 Saturn) because they were a GD nuisance. And the whole idea of 20 years later of wanting to repair/service replace one to me is like volunteering to have your teeth pulled.
                        I think the electric belts are neat as well, I haven't had any gripes with them in the last five months I have been driving with mine, other than the fact it makes allot of people forget to secure their lapbelt.

Quite a few people that have never seen them when they get into my car think they are neat. Makes for a bit of a conversation piece.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

My '92 L didn't have rear speakers and when I went to put 4" speakers in the stock locations it looked like nothing had ever been screwed into the screw holes.
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

here is a vin decoder that does all cars it seems

Universal VIN Decoder. Decipher VIN number. Specifications, equipment, analysis of the correctness of the VIN number.

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

does anyone know if i can fit 15x7 wheels with +35 mm offset and 195/50/15 tires on my festiva 1993 ?$_27.jpgIMG223.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrus60 View Post
                                does anyone know if i can fit 15x7 wheels with +35 mm offset and 195/50/15 tires on my festiva 1993 ?[ATTACH=CONFIG]17813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17814[/ATTACH]
                                It will need rear spacers. Fronts will fit if not lowered.
                                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X