Festiva Parking Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Parking Only

This is the second year we've participated in the Easyriders bike show in Charlotte and last year was definitely a learning experience. Last year we did Saturday setup so we had to get the truck and trailer out of the venue as soon as the bikes were unloaded. Then came the challenge of finding parking for my long bed F-150 and enclosed trailer...in downtown CLT. It was a total pain and the space I found was barely big enough so I had to wait for the lot to clear out before I could get the truck back out again.

This year I told my buddy that we were doing it different

This time we opted for Friday set-up. It's a vendor/participant only day so you can leave your vehicle inside until you're stuff is set up. This worked out WAY better since I didn't have to find and pay for parking. Now for the second (and best) part of the plan. When we drove down for the show today we took the Festiva! It was me, my girlfriend, my friend, and his wife, all packed into my 93. The ladies weren't exactly thrilled but my friend thought it was hilarious because he loves my car almost as much as I do. He had fun with everybody he saw on the trip there. Then when we got there the girls saw just what a mess it was to find parking I pulled up to the most primo lot that is right across the street from the convention center because I saw an open spot, but they were turning cars away. I pull up in the 93 and the guy says "I have one spot left and it's really small.......but I think you might fit". I look at the guy, smile, and say "not a problem". I pulled right into the spot and had room to spare for everyone to get out of the car. That's when I told the ladies "Now you see why we drove THIS car", to which they agreed since they only had to walk across the street instead of 3+ blocks. There were a few guys from the Outlaws MC in the parking lot too. When we got out of the car they all smiled really big, congratulated us on our ingenuity, and told us that we came well equipped for downtown parking.

This is just another fine example of why I tell everyone that the Festiva is the ultimate urban assault vehicle :mrgreen:
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

That is very cool. Gotta love it. Impressing the ladies with a Festiva.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

That was a nice bonus All I knew was that we've been busting our tail all week to get ready for the show so I had decided that I was going to park as close as possible to the venue. I'm too lazy/tired to hike it around downtown. The bad part is that I have to take the truck and trailer back tomorrow to pick the bikes up (after a little detour to Pull A Part *wink*). Luckily we found a nice open church parking lot last year that makes it easier to load up and we can ride the bikes out after we remove them from the show floor. When we set up we had to push them in up a long ramp which really sucked.
      Last edited by Zanzer; 01-24-2010, 12:19 AM.

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Great Story!!!!

Dean
        Raleigh, NC
        The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
        Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
        link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
        4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
        Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Good story. Nice things happen to people who like The Exploited
          Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by zanzer View Post
            That was a nice bonus All I knew was that we've been busting our tail all week to get ready for the show so I had decided that I was going to park as close as possible to the venue. I'm too lazy/tired to hike it around downtown. The bad part is that I have to take the truck and trailer back tomorrow to pick the bikes up (after a little detour to Pull A Part *wink*). Luckily we found a nice open church parking lot last year that makes it easier to load up and we can ride the bikes out after we remove them from the show floor. When we set up we had to push them in up a long ramp which really sucked.
            Did you already go to pull a part to get some of the stuff off that white festy? I noticed more was missing from it when I went this past week!
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
              Good story. Nice things happen to people who like The Exploited

hell yea!! thats what im talking about!! i definitely second that!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92festie View Post
                hell yea!! thats what im talking about!! i definitely second that!!
                I've been a huge fan since high school I love me some old school punk...especially The Exploited!!! "I'd like to dedicate this next song to [insert pretty much anything and everything here]" LOL :mrgreen:

I just wish I could understand what the heck Wattie is saying in his interviews. You ever heard this guy speak? It's totally incomprehensible.

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                Did you already go to pull a part to get some of the stuff off that white festy? I noticed more was missing from it when I went this past week!
                That was me I went down 2 Fridays ago and STRIPPED that sucka! I wanted to go back for the doors today but the rain messed me up

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

We have the Easyrider invitational show up here next month, thats always a good time!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

yea ive been to two shows (other than local shows) anti flag, and i went to see dropkick murpheys.....both at the 9:30 club in dc......so insane at the dropkick show i must add!!
                    Last edited by 92festie; 01-25-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                      hey lane,zan . i have a inside man at pull a part hes the one thats buys the used cars and he calle me when they get festiva in . would you guys like me to let you know . angie

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
                      91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

Working...
                      X