Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canada guy in the US says you guys suck!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme! :shock:
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by gdawgs
      Originally posted by FB71
      my bike doesn't have a heater, and I ride that year round...
      You have to have a heater to keep the windows from frosting/freezing over on the inside, not just to keep warm. If you didn't have any heat, you wouldn't be able to drive since you wouldn't be able to see where you are going.
      Yeah WTF! Why do the windows fog up so fuggin fast! Makes me mad. The back side windows fog up and I cant see ANYTHING, and when I shut off the carhe front windows are clear, I come back to see that the inside has frozen droplets and half inch thick frost. It just fogs up as soon as I leave, or turn off the car or even when Im driving.
      I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

Do you have the fresh/recirc air switch set to recirculate?? If so, keep it on fresh all the time.

A leaking heater core can also cause problems like you are describing, but that always has the tell-tale sign of anti-freeze smell.x

Window fog/freeze up shouldn't be as bad as you have.

Comment

Half inch thick frost is an exaggeration... Sorry. It's still frosted nonetheless... To the point where I keep a cute little scraper under the handbrake.

The switch is set to circulate the same air. I THINK I tried the fresh air side, but (I could be lying), it was cold air coming in. THat and fumes from crappy, oil burning cars, come through the vents.

The heat is nice and hot (at the windshield and the feet of course). We all know that it's cold air coming through the vents anywhere else.

Whether there is someone in the backseat or not, I cannot see out the back windows (aside to the hatch... thank you rear defog with plenty of dead circuit lines)... Anyway, I cant see, so I gotta wipe my hand across to be able to see.

Comment

only use recirc in winter if you have a/c and its turned on to dehumidify the air. otherwise, leave it set to fresh.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Yep, flip the switch back to fresh, and your problem will improve significantly, you'll just have to get used to the stink. Like FB said, you can run your A/C if you have it, but it's not a good idea to run it when it gets really cold, say below 0°F. If you do that, you tend to blow out o-rings.

Comment

If you do that, you tend to blow out o-rings.

O really.

Comment

Yup. Newer cars have temperature sensors so that the A/C won't come on if the outside air temp drops below a certain point.

Every spring, my ex 95' Neon(JUNK) A/C would be out of refrigerant. So when it was still under the extended warranty(good buy on that car :lol: ) I took it in every year, and they always had to replace the o-rings.

On that car(and many cars), whenever you turn on the defroster, the A/C compressor kicks in. Not a great thing when it's -35°F and you are going 75mph down the interstate.

Once my warranty ran out, I would bleed off some refrigerant in the fall so that the compressor wouldn't kick on during the winter(I tried just pulling the compressor fuse, but the back-up lights were also tied into it). Guess what, no more bad o-rings in the spring.

Throwing in a $4 can of freon every spring was a lot cheaper than replacing the o-rings.

Comment

Yep, flip the switch back to fresh, and your problem will improve significantly, you'll just have to get used to the stink. Like FB said, you can run your A/C if you have it, but it's not a good idea to run it when it gets really cold, say below 0°F. If you do that, you tend to blow out o-rings.
                    It doesn't have a\c, and I'll try putting the knob on fresh... Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

Holy frickin' poo! I put it on fresh instead of circulate, and within 2 minutes, my windows were CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR!!!

Thanks. Here's the thing. It's gone tommorrow. LOL I sold it as I bought a Tiburon. I'll tell the new guy. ;o)

Comment

Working...
                      X