Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you Think?

Howdy.

Happy to join and be here. I just bought an '88 with 17,000 original miles. -- REALLY!!

I found it on CL, if any of you have the whole story, let me know. I bought it from a potential 'curbstoner,' but I don't care. He only had it for a short while. All I do know; It was parked outside abandoned for years (no salvage title, just parked) and after over a decade, it was purchased by a backyard mechanic. I think (just guessing) that the 4 speed was blown or broken is why it was parked.

Anyway, this person replaced the 4-speed with a 5-speed and got it running. (new electric fuel pump, etc.) The air-conditioning, and unfortunately for me, some of the emissions were removed in the swap.

I got it and it looked like the original (much rot) tires were still on it. It has the Ford wheels, (I found the 4th hubcap today!!) and the interior looks NEW!

I detailed it today, plus new tires, tomorrow I go to the junkyard to get what emissions equip I need to make it legal. I hauls fast, and I LOVE it!! My dad (R.I.P. 1990) and I test drove a red '88 in the summer of '89 at the Ford dealer. (I bought a new Bronco instead, I still have it with 170k miles.)

I'll post my own pics asap, but the CL pics are pretty accurate, it's just a LOT cleaner and shinier now.

I live in Reno, NV, I bought it in Sac. Ca. I drove 70mph home and got 31mpg. -- This is a sea-level drive up and over a 7,227' mountain pass, then down into Reno.

Let me know what you think!

Scott

if the pics are right, it came with a 5spd from the factory (LX trim). needs a good cut and wax, but otherwise looks very good.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yea ive seen this posted up here before it looks really clean good buy bro oh yea and welcome to the site!!

Comment

Nice score! Welcome to the site
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

nope...LX clone....that was Festivagtx's car

sorry to say....here is the story to your car....welcome to the site though.

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            nope...LX clone....that was Festivagtx's car

sorry to say....here is the story to your car....welcome to the site though.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26825
            yea i totally just got done reading this thread and its amazing what kinda people are out there but all in all im glad you got the car and now i can most likely say its in good hands now

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty sure the tranny had been swapped out. It runs great, and it's in great shape, why did I get it so cheap?????

Comment

Originally posted by 1937Scott View Post
                Yeah, I was pretty sure the tranny had been swapped out. It runs great, and it's in great shape, why did I get it so cheap?????
                well....depends on what you are calling cheap?
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Compared to the over $2k it went for on Fleabay......

Comment

Originally posted by 1937Scott View Post
                    Compared to the over $2k it went for on Fleabay......
                    you saying the car was sold on ebay and then you bought it for less on CL?
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                      well....depends on what you are calling cheap?
                      yea i got mine for the same price and it was supposedly a new motor, basic stock 1.3, well needless to say it pooped out on me and now i owe the bank money cause i pulled out a loan on it, so i figured i might as well have fun with it and now im doin a b8-me swap to it

Comment

Um....eBay lists it as selling/winning bid for $2,125....but I suppose that could have fallen through. Goin' to bed, check back in the morning. Either way, I'm happy with the car. G-night.

Comment

This is what the fine gentlemen you bought your Festiva from had to say to me when I asked him if this was the Festiva that sold on Ebay.

"lol you are a tool. GET A LIFE. I own the car. I have it in my possesion. I make several thousand a month on the internet while you comb the internet harassing hard working people about issues that are not your concern. Go bother someone else. I sell rare items so I always have more customers than items to sell. My customer service is not to par simply because it doesn't need to be. Regardless of how brash I am people still buy from me because a lot of times I am the only one that has a particular item available. Take you for instance. If you like Ford Festiva's this is the only one in the whole country on Auto Trader, CAR classifieds, craigslist, and ebay that has less than 80,000 miles an upgraded electric fuel pump and a 5 speed 1988. I have had tons of interested prospects so I don't have to be nice."

Comment

Kind of the wrong forum to post an introduction, isn't it?

Anyway, congrats on your purchase.

BTW, doesn't this car have a B6?

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I'm catching up....and I'm NOT the fine person who posted the snotty ebay response listed above...... (I'm an owner/driver, NOT a dealer ebay type person.)

The car does have a 1.6, with NO air conditioning, but that's not my biggest concern. I've got to get some emissions equip put back on or I'll never be able to register it. Runs like a top, fun so far. It gets over 100 in Reno too, but usually only a couple of days or weeks in summer. I'm not worried right now, it's 19 degrees outside. Besides, I drive a 1945 Jeep around in Summer with a bikini top on it.....

It sort of melted two Nalgene bottles last year doing that. : )

FestivaGTX and I are PM'ing, I'll figure all of this out. Still happy to be here!

Comment

Working...
                              X