Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Festiva for sale, what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Festiva for sale, what do you guys think?

Sorry no pics, I didn't have my camera on me. It's at a dealer, he doesn't know what he wants for it yet. He's going to call me with a price. Anyways, it's a 93 GL in almost perfect condition. No rust and one dent on the piller by the back hatch about the size of a baseball. 55,xxx miles. perfect interior. The only problem is that it's an automatic. He bought it at an auction and it's at a mechanic shop right now getting a new tranny put it because the old one blew. I tried to talk him into selling it with no tranny but he won't do it. Are the autos any good in these cars? All the ones I see with stupid high mileage are 4 or 5 speeds. What do you think it's worth? He said the shop is re-building the tranny and will wattenty the work for 90 days. My car has seen better days and I have a guy that's been trying to talk me out of it, i'm halfway looking for a new one but I don't really need it. Thanks for the advise.

Well you can look at it this way. It's not hard to swap in a new tranny way down the line. The Auto Will be fine. I'd say if he offers a decent price pick it up for sure. 55,000 miles is very very low and it should last you a long time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I've had two auto's, my current Festiva is an auto and I like it, averages about 35 MPG with mixed driving, not bad, but not as good as a 5 speed, but I have no complaints.
      '90 LX

Comment

The auto transmissions hold a lot of power. Something to think about if you decide to keep it.

It seems like a good deal. Hopefully, the dealer will decide to dump it for cheap.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Ive been driving one of my autos this week. MPGs suck. Im trying to get use to the high RPMs at highway speed. I feel like Im abusing the car. Its pretty nice driving it around town (up to 55 MPH) though , I actually like holding a drink if I want at stop lights for a change. Its pretty peppy too till it hits third.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than $700 but I think the dealer will want quite a bit more. Good luck.
            Oscar

Comment

I do a lot of highway driving with work. I average around 30 to 40 thousand miles a year driving, most of it running 70 to 75 on the highway. Does the auto have that much higher RPM's on the highway? Mine starts really screaming at 80 or so now and I let off, then some of the hills I drop down to 55 or so. Maybe I'm better off just keeping mine. It's low miles, 145000, just not taken care of by the PO.

Comment

Originally posted by jules083 View Post
                Does the auto have that much higher RPM's on the highway? .

Yes

Just think of it this way. When the auto and the five speed have the same RPM, the five speed is going 20-25 MPH faster then the auto.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

You could always swap in a 4 speed auto (f-series). With n/a capri auto axles.
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Never mind then, that wouldn't really work for the kind of driving I do. I don't really want to deal with pulling the motor and swapping trannies, I'll just keep what I have before I go through all that. I'll get the number of the guy tomorrow though if anyone here wants it.

Comment

I like auto trans for daily driving. I drive mine on the freeway all the time without any trouble. The only thing is the gas mileage is lower then a 5 speed. But the car has plenty of power. Post the details if you don't buy it.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Yeah if you could find out about what he's wanting that would be awesome I'm currently looking for one for my dad..

Edit: Crap 5 hours heck no ha
                        Last edited by Charlie1717; 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM.
                        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                        X