Got stuck yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got stuck yesterday

I got stuck in the snow for the first time in my Festiva yesterday. Work called off for a "snow day" and so I went a-playin in my Festiva at Busch Conservation Area. All good as long as it was snow. Had a lotta fun, flyin thru 6 inches of fresh snow. No problem...until I followed a previous vehicles track along lake#36 in the snow. I stopped and checked out the lake and when I got back to leave, I got like 3 feet and the Festiva just stopped...and spun tires. I get out and look..ug... the track had led off into grass and mud!
    Spent the next hour jacking and putting wood under tires trying to get back to a solid surface. Each time I got like 5 feet before it stopped again and repeated jacking and stuffing wood under tires, to get another 5 feet. A few times of that and I could see it was even softer ground in front of me, so I wasnt going to get anywhere like that, so I walked the 1 mile up to the main road, where I flagged some guys down to help out. They pushed and I gave it gas and out it came! Seems my tires do good in snow, but turn "bald" in the mud! Ha Ha! Still had fun and it wasnt bad gettin stuck. Just annoyed me to get stuck. Once I was back on the road, went and plowed thru more snow.
    Me and the dog had good fun!
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Glad you got out. Festivas are definitely the best non 4 wheel/all wheel drive cars I've ever had. My boss, who busts my chops for driving a Festiva, had to be nudged out of his parking space today by, say it with me, a Festiva!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
    X