drivers seat failed in accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers seat failed in accident

I was rearended today. I was stopped on the highway and a F-350 didn't notice and rearended the car behind me which caused a 4 car chain reaction. The drivers seat is now permanently reclined back and at an angle. The only injury I have is a very sore back which was caused by or made worse by the seatback bending back and twisting. The car is totaled. If I get another Festiva one of the first mods I will do is change the seats.

Sorry to hear about another Festy biting the dust. We are glad to hear you are OK.
    186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
    1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
    1992 aqua L (agua)
    1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Man that sucks that your Festy is totaled and your back got hurt, you would think the seat would bend forward.
      '90 LX

Comment

my shoulder belt failed when i wrecked my first stiva. I would have been fine if the stitching at the buckle didnt pull apart. Everyone needs to check their belts stiching, if its frayed its bad. Try pulling it apart, i bet it will rip in your hands.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but don't just trash the Festy. There has to be some good parts left to sell here on the forum. Again , very sorry to hear of a Festys demise.
          Chuck
          Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
          If money will fix it, it's not broken
          91 GL -Ol' Rusty
          93 GL - Lil Red
          91 L - Tweetystiva
          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

I just got it on the road 6 months ago with the aspire brake swap, new hub bearings, new control arms, poly bushings, new struts, 4 new tires, FMS springs. Any part I removed that wasnt replaced with new was sandblasted and repainted. I have a B6T which was going into it this summer. As of now I'm keeping everything and will start looking for another car.

Comment

This makes me want to change my seats.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Sorry to hear for your car and your back. Glad to hear you keep te festiva and all your part.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

I imagine aspire seats aren't much sturdier, I have swapped out the seats in 2 out of the 4 aspires I have owned and will continue to do so if its a vehicle I plan on keeping. the 2 i didn't swap were because I wasn't planning on keeping them long (OBDII in new york state)
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by angrygocart View Post
                    I was rearended today. I was stopped on the highway and a F-350 didn't notice and rearended the car behind me which caused a 4 car chain reaction. The drivers seat is now permanently reclined back and at an angle. The only injury I have is a very sore back which was caused by or made worse by the seatback bending back and twisting. The car is totaled. If I get another Festiva one of the first mods I will do is change the seats.
                    had the same thing happen....... http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...hlight=wrecked
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                      This makes me want to change my seats.
                      same here.
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Tiburon seats

The Tiburon seats have a frame thats twice as strong and rigid as a Festiva seat ( a lot more weight). The gear mechanism is smooth and built to a closer tolerance. Did I mention that they were far more comfortable and offered superior neck support in the event of an accident? I was rear ended twice in my 81 Malibu while waiting for the light to turn. I had to change the rear bumper both times. The other two cars were totalled. I drove away both times.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Man thats terrible sorry to hear that im always watching my rear view worried about such an event , but i feel 100% better with the seats ive swapped in sorry cant show saving for Florida meet surprise

hope you feel better soon
                          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Thanks for the link GenevaDirt. I saw the pictures of your seat and it looks identical to mine, it twisted back and to the right. I'll get pictures of mine posted soon.

Comment

glad you're hanging onto the car to make another one live. and surviving the crash is an added bonus :p
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X