Valeo clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valeo clutches

Anybody used the Valeo "china" clutches? I purchased one today from Advance for $92 with new pilot bearing, disc, throw out bearing and pressure plate. I only use mine as a DD so I figured it was an OK deal.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

I have used the advance perfection clutch kit and it lasted me quite well, still has a ton of life on it after living with my BP for a summer.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I have one in my Firehawk, but replaced the disc with a McLeod unit. And many others have done the same in their f-bodys. I know i'm not talking about a festiva here. But i'm sure you'll get the hint here that i'm throwing out. That the cheap clutch is holding up in a far more powerfull car then a festy. Well that is with a different disc...
      96 Pontiac Firehawk # 48.. 383 stroker
      81 Buick Regal Limited
      65 Chevrolet Corvar Monza 140hp

Comment

Wow, I like this forum already. Y'all don't abuse me for using Advance parts in my cars. I belong to a BMW forum that it seems if it isn't BMW original parts or one of the approved aftermarket folks, you get scorned and abused. Same kinda applied to the tuner add on's. So far it seems y'all are just trying to save the Festy's and have some fun. That to me is a true funn bunch I would like to hang with and have some beers and dogs with!
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

What BMW forum are you on? It isn't R3VLimited is it?
          81 Buick Regal Limited

Comment

Nah, I'm an old e28 junkie too. So it would be MyE28. But these little festy's seem like a cheaper brand of fun to me. I also belong to 4cycle which is a dirt kart racing forum. Hence my avatar name. I enjoy racing dirt oval on the weekends. Now I have a street legal kart...lol
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I have had a couple Euro Bimmer's now maybe I can see what a Euro Festy is like.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I just sent the e28 i had to the crusher cause no one wanted it, not even for a parts car. I haven't been on mye28 for awhile, I kind of stopped looking when spastic started posting up his rusted out "hood ride".
                81 Buick Regal Limited

Comment

I still talk to the old heads once in awhile. I just saw the Festy meets and it made me think of the fun I had at the 5er Fests. Seeing the caravans and all those Festys together just brought back some memories.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

hey kartracer46, welcome! you oughta look up 'qaking' on here. he's not too far from in VA Beach.
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                    X