Tool set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tools

I like Craftsman, for hand tools and have quite a few. They are good because the often have larger "starter" sets for those just starting out.
    All Craftsman hand tools have an unlimited warranty, no matter if they are 60 years old, Oh I don't know what sears gave out referbed tools, but I have never seen that. Anytime I've ever needed to replace a craftsman hand tool, I've gotten a NEW replacement no questions asked.
    Even better then that, any time I've ever needed a replacement, if the item was out of stock, or no longer carried, I've always been given an upgrade, usually to the professional grade (more expensive polished) version, again no questions asked. So if you are getting handed referbed tools at Sears, I'd ask to see the manager.

I like Stanley screwdrivers, and get quite a few simple things at HF, I never buy Chinese wrenches or sockets, those 5 dollar sets of wrenches always break and I value my knuckles far too much to bother with them.

I started with a large starter kit from Sears years ago, and have added ever since. Many times I've purchased tools for special applications and while expensive at the time, Nothing works better for special jobs then special tools made for such a use, things like easy outs, plug wire pliers, carbide cutters, mighty vacs, brake tools, etc are not only great at the time you need them, but they are worth their weight in GOLD when the chips are down and you need to get a job done on your daily driver at 9pm on a Sunday, you'll be glad you have them!

You know you have a great tool, when you stop to think "how the hell did I ever get anything done with out x or y" a good example of a tool like this is my set of ratcheting wrenches, I sware I love them, they are so handy and useful I cant' imagine what I ever did before I got them.
    Other tools like that are My welder, not only has it paid for itself, but I'm so used to having it now, that I can't imagine not having the ability to weld or fabricate something. I do remember back when I would have to pay like $50 to have simple stuff welded or made, when I know I can make it myself in a couple of minutes, that stuff adds up fast, that's how my welder has easily paid for itself several times over, and that's not even counting the times other people have paid me to weld stuff for them.

once you start getting a decent amount of tools you will need a roll away, oh and did I forget to say that getting tools is addictive? It's a good addiction though, and even thought you may cringe at the price of a specialty tool when you get it, you will be glad you have it the next time you need it and it is there.
    Chris Rummel

Comment

as for a single set of wrenches, i suggest the gear wrench ( 8mm- 19mm, non-reversible) set or the gear wrench (8mm-19mm reversible)set

i have both sets and a few more different gear wrench sets,

they are THE BOMB! KICK ASS WRENCHES!!!

they survived the bodyshop and mechanical shops! plus my Snap-On tool man warranties them for me, free!

Comment

i roll with craftsman. got my first full set of basic hand tools for my 16th birthday. it has everything i need and some things i dont. its a good starter set. i have yet to expand to air tools yet but will hopefully have some soon. and yes the gear wrenches do kick ass i use them all the time on those places where you can barely move at all they make hard jobs a little less harder.
        -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

i would have to say craftsman. i have been pretty satisfied with their tools. not to mention the garauntee??
          Stock is not an option!

Comment

Originally posted by 2fastfesti26
            i would have to say craftsman. i have been pretty satisfied with their tools. not to mention the garauntee??
            I had a bit of bad luck with one of their ratchets today. The ratcheting mechanism broke while I was trying to remove a stubborn bolt. I wasn't using a cheater bar or anything that could damage a ratchet. Not a very good first impression!

But we'll see what the good folks at Sears will do about it tomorrow.

Regards,

Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

doesn't the dictionary define "tool set" as Jim and Tim in a Festiva together?

Comment

Working...
              X