Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Subcompact Culture

Hello Festiva enthusiasts!

I run a Web site called Subcompact Culture (http://www.SubcompactCulture.com), which is all about small cars. I ran across this site while researching a Festiva I found on craigslist here in Portland, OR (http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1612655312.html). After joining this site and doing some research, it appears the car has a Mazda B6 swap. I e-mailed the owner, and he said the engine came out of a '94 Kia Sephia. Sounds like a B6, no? (Although he says it's a 16V)

Regardless, I had no idea there was this much of a following for the Festiva. I had no idea swapping engines was so common, too! I think a swapped or turbocharged Festiva would be a ton of fun!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

- Andy
    Subcompact Culture: The Small Car Blog
    Follow me on Twitter!

a quick search would confirm your suspicions (they ARE fun). the mazda engine should be a B6ME IIRC (1.6L single cam 16V, similar to a honda D16)
    Last edited by FestYboy; 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      a quick search would confirm your suspicions (they ARE fun). the Kia engine should be a BP IIRC (1.8L)
      The early Sephias did come with the 1.6. I didn't know they were Mazda built until today, though.

Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Hi Andy. The engine in that festiva is a SOHC so it's not a BP. B6 most likely. The price is good with the swapped engine but not a big fan of the different sized wheels. I'd offer $900 for it since it needs some body work too. You may get a good deal.
        Last edited by perucho; 02-24-2010, 07:17 PM.
        Oscar

Comment

Thanks for the advice, perucho. Even if it's not this Festiva, I think there may be one in my future!
          Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            a quick search would confirm your suspicions (they ARE fun). the mazda engine should be a B6ME IIRC (1.6L single cam 16V, similar to a honda D16)

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FestYboy View Post
            a quick search would confirm your suspicions (they ARE fun). the Kia engine should be a BP IIRC (1.8L)
            The early Sephias did come with the 1.6. I didn't know they were Mazda built until today, though.

^^ Why does FestYboy's original quote say B6ME 1.6L but when Subcompact quoted him it says BP 1.8L???
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FestYboy View Post

^^ Why does FestYboy's original quote say B6ME 1.6L but when Subcompact quoted him it says BP 1.8L???
              He must of changed his post, but it dosn't change the quote.

Subcompact Welcome.:wave: And there is quite a following, check out some of the Festiva Madness stuff.
              Last edited by wybnrml; 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM.
              '90 LX

Comment

FYI, the first time I really saw a modded Festiva in action was this car from a couple years ago:

Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Are those fender flares? They dont look half bad on that festy
                  Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Yup, the B6 was used in the 93-98 Sephia. From what I've found it seems to be more prevalent in the 93-95's.....SOHC's anyway. I was looking at Sephias when we were looking for B6 motors a few weeks ago.

Welcome to the site! You'll find these little cars extremely addictive! :mrgreen:
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

whats up subcompact culture

Comment

Is that the ECU in the engine compartment ? Not sure thats a good place for it.

sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Both my Toyota Yaris and my Suzuki SX4 have their ECUs in the engine bay. :shrug:
                          Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

^^ I think what he's getting at is the B6 computer wasn't designed to be mounted in the engine bay, it was intended to be mounted in the car away from the elements. It doesn't have protection against moisture and heat like ECU's that are engine bay mounted.
                            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Gotcha
                              Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X