I had a good tiva day today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a good tiva day today

I posted in the for sale/wanted ads that I got a shweet deal on a 5-speed for my Festy today with a bonus pair of axles that may only have been installed for a few weeks before the donor Festy got totaled. So I got the old one out and the new one back in and it took me about 3hrs total and that's counting taking bits of my trans that weren't on the other one. I know that's probably slow compared to some of the tiva guru's on here, but I take smoke breaks and calls too. So I took her for a spin tonight in the rain and even not being able to really test it, the ol' girl felt good for 249,000 miles.:glasses1: I think it may need hub bearing on the right side replaced, Haynes doesn't show anything on that so maybe someone can give me some pointers. I may also replace the lower control arms and ball joints if anyone knows where to get the best deal. They are tight but the boots are shot. I packed a bit of grease in them and wrapped them with cloth electrical tape to hold them over till I can get them replaced. But she is back on the road and ready for more fun.:thumbup:
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Good to hear you got the Festy goin' again.
    '90 LX

Comment

Sweet! Good to hear you're back in the saddle! :thumbright:
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Good deal. ant nothing like being back on the road...

Comment

These may help.

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

The rears are easy. Definitely worth getting a Ford shop manual (got mine from ebay for $10).
          Oscar

Comment

^+1
            Check Ebay and Rockauto.com for the parts you need.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

www.wundercarparts.com is another decent source.
              Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

I have a huge detailed guide on how to replace the front bearings on a ford Aspire... it's pretty much the same thing as the festy... I really should post it up here lol

Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

There you go!
                Last edited by Amos; 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X